Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rocks911

Sink support for granite installation

rocks911
11 years ago

I am wondering about the support for my composite sink that will be installed in my granite.

I am about to have templates done for my granite and I have been thinking of things to ask the installer. He just called and said he was sending a guy to template by the name of Marteen.

I told the fabricator that I had hoped that he was personally templating (he said that he normally does, and I thought, great I get the abnormal) so I could talk over some things with him. I said I guess we'll have to do it over the phone and I asked about the kitchen sink support. He said he supports the sink with wood. I told him that I was pretty sure that metal was recommended and he replied that he uses wood anchored to the cabinetry.

I also mentioned that I wanted a lot of the corners eased, that I didnt want a sharp corner, and he said that wouldnt be a problem. he told me to just tell all of it to Marteen. I asked does Marteen habla, and in a fairly confident voice he said "yeah, he's pretty good". Egad.

Isnt this always how it goes...on the front end all smiles and extreme interest, then the help shows up and you're left hoping your wishes get translated to the guy that sold the job.

So what is the preferred sink mounting method?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths