Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Accessories

Posted by chris82 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 13:01

Does anyone have any good recommendations for online sites to buy a garbage pullout and a lazy susan. I am a little confused at what size I need. The garbage cabinet is 21" and the Lazy Susan Cabinets are 24x24x36.

Do I get plastic, wood or metal.

Any help/recommendations are greatly APPRECIATED

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Accessories

Chris, check out Rev-a-Shelf and Hafele. Both of those mfrs. have most everything you can imagine to kit out your cabs and drawers. Ciao ciao

o

Depending on your cabinet type and your nature of frugality, Ikea also has trash organiers and lazy susans. Search for "waste sorting" and the "Rationell" cabinet line.

Also, on this forum, bellsmom did a smokin' retrofit of a corner cabinet. A lazy susan without the center pole and far more storage. Her thread link is posted below.

cheers

Here is a link that might be useful: bellsmom awesome supersusan retrofit thread

o

We have a plastic rev-a-shelf lazy Susan and it is flimsy and useless. So I would steer clear of that. Inspired by Bellsmom, we are converting our corner cabinet to the super Susan approach (no center pole, but you need a shelf underneath each Susan to support it). I just ordered Hafele solid maple pie cut lazy Susans with no center hole. We'll see how the conversion works out.

As for the size, these are generally sold by the diameter of the circle. So you might need a 24" diameter. You also have to watch the overall shape, and order either pie cut or round depending on your cabinet doors.

o

With a Super Susan, does it come with the shelfs to install on?

o

No, you'd need to make those or have them made.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here