Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Crown Point Cabinetry QUESTION

tinker_2006
13 years ago

I've seen a few Crown Point kitchens on the forum, and I have a question.

Design... I'm in the process of finalizing my blueprints, however, we will be building on a slab, so I HAVE to know where I want the appliances, because the gas lines, water lines can't be moved once the slab is poured. I really want a professional designer to come up with my forever kitchen,does anyone know how Crown Point does this?

Second Question, in regards to installation. I see they have no dealers, or installers, how does their process work? Who actually does the final measuring and how did you find a good installer?

Comments (7)

• francoise47
    13 years ago

Hi tinker 2006, I can answer some of your questions, but not all of them. We are in the preliminary stage of planning our kitchen with Crown Point and we haven't made a final committment or paid a deposit yet because we are still waiting for our construction drawings.

CP does have a number of in-house designers. Send CP your ideas (the email address is on their website) and they will match you with one of their designers. For the first go-around on the design, you don't have to send them formal plans, just general measurements and ideas. I think that many people who use them also use their own architect or KD. But you don't have to. The CP designer will work with you to make up a plan and will give you an estimate. I've found that they are super helpful and responsive to budget constraints. They respond promptly to emails and phone calls with no attitude (unlike my architect). They will, however, only work with you for a finite amount of time (perhaps two or three goes at the plan maximum) before you committ and pay a deposit.

After you've signed a contract, CP will send their designer to your house to do the final measurements for the cabinets, preferably when the kitchen is down to studs for a renovation or at the wallboard stage in new construction. After they take the measurements it takes about eight weeks to get the finished cabinets.

You would use your own trusted contractor or local carpenter for the installation.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    13 years ago

If there's any way to put the pipes in the wall, then you'd have a bit of flexibility as to where they emerge from it.
    Casey

• tinker_2006
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for the info! I sent them an email today and I'm looking forward hearing from them. I too have read many good things about them. There are some good KD'ers in our area, however, I'm very drawn to Crown Point because of their expertise in 'period, classic' designs!

• vtlakehouse
    13 years ago

After reading such great reviews, I may contact Crown Point about building our breakfast nook seating and table. They have some great pictures of this on their website.

One initial question - what is the turnaround time for an initial design and cost estimate? I have read such great things but would like to realize sooner than later if CP is out of our price range!!

thanks!

• francoise47
    13 years ago

Dear Vtlakehome:

Getting a preliminary estimate and drawings from CP was the fastest part of our whole project. I don't think it took more than 7 to 10 days to get preliminary kitchen drawings and an estimate. A big project estimate will probably take longer. But the main point is: they are very prompt and customer oriented. I am very impressed so far.

• vtlakehouse
    13 years ago

Great - thanks for the quick response. I had an initial call with CP this afternoon but forgot to ask the timing.