Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adming1

Need Help Picking Flooring

AdminG1
10 years ago

Hello,

Well my cabinets are in and we are going with Blanco Antico granite. Now I just need help with the flooring. I don't want ceramic flooring. I'd rather go with a laminate flooring. I've seen some pretty kitchen laminate designs but I really would like your ideas. Here's my cabinets. I can't figure out how to add more than one pic so I can't include the granite. Granite has some cinnamon with grey, and black and white. All your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (10)

• SensitiveK
    10 years ago

How about some wonderful ivory (or another similar light colour) tile that's about 12 x 24 in size. Reticulated I think they call it. Your cabinets are wonderful!

• SensitiveK
    10 years ago

Sorry, I didn't read your post as well as I thought! Laminate is also a nice choice. I'd lean towards a lighter colour or shade, something that would be a nice contrast to your cabinets since your flooring would be in close proximity to them.

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

Are you thinking laminate "wood"? Or laminate tiles? We have Mannington Classic Walnut laminate. It is a 5" plank with bevel edge. We have a toddler, a boxer/pit, and a cat. We have had it for almost 2 years and it looks NEW! It gets a beating from the dog & kid!! If I get down really close to it I can find a few scratches, but no one would ever find them. It was pricey, but well worth it! (this pic was taken before we changed our countertop & added a backsplash)

This post was edited by teachertile on Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 16:06

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

I just finished a kitchen remodel, and used Congoleum Duraceramic tiles (they are a limestone composite). It's only been 3 months, so I can't speak to durability, but it looks and feels terrific.

• AdminG1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your advice. I think I'm going with a light grey color. Now just have to find a good brand.

• cparlf
    10 years ago

We decided on an LVT, "luxury vinyl tile". Wood plank, beveled edges etc. Look at Karndean and Tarkett Transend. These are not your Mother's vinyl and they are not cheap. But a great wear warranty, no issues with dogs or their water bowls.

We have two Wheaten terriers, each at 45 pounds and very active.

• mary9915
    10 years ago

We just replaced our kitchen floor with Mannington Adura snap-together vinyl planks and we LOVE them! They look great, feel great and were easy to install.

• snowbean
    10 years ago

Adura Luxury Vinyl seems wonderful. How does it hold up over time ? I'm worried about the seams separating and moisture seeping causing MOLD from mopping or snow melting. I'm trying to decide Mannington luxury vinyl planks to have a wood look or use wood look tile porcelain tile by Pastorelli wood shed tile with heated flooring. The subfloor is concrete in a apartment style condo.

• cparlf
    10 years ago

The one we put down is a floating floor, we are told that since it "breathes", it is not a problem. I had porcelain in my foyer, it was very slippery when wet. It was a smooth finish, so perhaps different from the kitchen variety?

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

I have a friend with the Armstrong brand,(duraceramic type) limestone composite tiles, and after 4 years still loves it. She has 2 toddlers and a dog. She installed it with grout, but they can be installed without grout as well for a different look. They come in wood-look as well as stone and ceramic look.

You might also look at cork. It comes in many colors and styles, and price points, and is quite water resistant. Now I can't remember who used cork here, perhaps the person will see this and chime in.

When I was researching flooring, I believe that I read that seams in cork and other non-grouted tiles can be sealed to reduce fears of water penetration.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor