Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_wi

Out of the ABB Club (close enough anyway!)

lisa_wi
11 years ago

After visiting 7 tile stores, looking at Ann Sacks, Sonoma, Jeffrey Court, and many others I finally made a decision on a backsplash for my green and cream kitchen. The project is not quite complete. I still need to rent a wetsaw to finish up the row right under the cabs and below the window plus find the matching caulk, but it might be a couple more weeks and I didn't want to wait any longer to post my reveal!

And the winner is:

Random Quartzite from Lowe's at about $9 a square foot! The grout is Polyblend from Home Depot in Butter Cream. The stone is enhanced as well.

The quartzite ended up being the perfect thing to tie all my colors together and still give me the warm, slightly rustic touch I wanted and it was very budget friendly! I love that I didn't pay any shipping and I can return what I don't use.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen Reveal Thread

Comments (24)

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

That is absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous that you're out of the club. I love what you chose. congrats and enjoy!

• bcafe
    11 years ago

I think it is perfect and at a perfect price!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Hooray for you! We here in the ABB club will miss you, but I'm sure A2 will be along soon to welcome you to the post ABB club. ;)

Great job!

• rhome410
    11 years ago

Nice! Good colors and a little reminiscent of brick (in a warm and homey way), but more elegant.

• susanlynn2012
    11 years ago

I LOVE the backsplash and your grout choice that ties in so beautiful with the creamy cabinets. I am considering the Clique cabinets but need help in getting measurements for a quote. I love your kitchen and I know you will enjoy your kitchen for yours. I appreciate your posts in sharing updates and the kitchen reveal and where you bought the cabinets and backsplash.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Elegant is the right word. That is the perfect backsplash! Beautiful, beautiful!

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

That is dynamite! You hit the nail on the head with that backsplash! Looks Fantistic. Congratulations! Enjoy!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

That is really nice. Love the colors. Love the stone. Your backsplash is both rustic and refined. It was worth all the searching you did. You definitly nailed it.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

that kind of slate feel to it really works with the black of the counters and hardware- good blending and love the texture.....I think yours was a tricky one to get right...fine job in the end.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Beautiful colors!

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

That looks great together! Would have never thought to use slate with painted cabs but wow - very nice! Enjoy.

• labbie
    11 years ago

Beautiful! It's visually interesting without being too busy, and ties in everything nicely. Great choice!

• smiling
    11 years ago

So beautiful! I love both the grout color and that little vertical detail next to the stove. Congratulations on a home run with this one!

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Can't imagine a better choice for your beautiful kitchen. Love it!!!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Breezy was right - Welcome to the ABB alumni club!
    We are so proud of you and it looks absolutely stunning!
    The colors look great in your new kitchen.
    Congratulations on a job well done!

I have to go back and look at your link!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Wow, it is the perfect blend of colors, great job!

• tmy_jax
    11 years ago

Very nice! Love the bs - even made a trip to Lowes tonight to see it in person!

Congrats! tmy

• art_teacher_mom
    11 years ago

It's absolutely stunning!
    Honestly, I wasn't crazy about 2 tone kitchens until I saw yours. I would take it in a heartbeat. Well done!

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

Great color choices - tied everything together so well! Enjoy your time in the alumni knowing that you made the perfect choice.

• heidihausfrau
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• deveson
    10 years ago

Your tile voice was just perfect. You couldn't have done any better.
    Can I ask you what sink you have. Is that a kohler whitehaven?

• lisa_wi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is a 30" Whitehaven in biscuit.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Exciting - Glad to have a new member of the ABS alumni club. Looks great!

• buildinva
    10 years ago

Beautiful!!!