Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Out of the ABB Club (close enough anyway!)

Posted by lisa_wi (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 12:41

After visiting 7 tile stores, looking at Ann Sacks, Sonoma, Jeffrey Court, and many others I finally made a decision on a backsplash for my green and cream kitchen. The project is not quite complete. I still need to rent a wetsaw to finish up the row right under the cabs and below the window plus find the matching caulk, but it might be a couple more weeks and I didn't want to wait any longer to post my reveal!

And the winner is:

Random Quartzite from Lowe's at about $9 a square foot! The grout is Polyblend from Home Depot in Butter Cream. The stone is enhanced as well.

The quartzite ended up being the perfect thing to tie all my colors together and still give me the warm, slightly rustic touch I wanted and it was very budget friendly! I love that I didn't pay any shipping and I can return what I don't use.

IMG_4329

IMG_4325

IMG_4332

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen Reveal Thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Out of the ABB Club (close enough anyway!)

That is absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous that you're out of the club. I love what you chose. congrats and enjoy!

o

I think it is perfect and at a perfect price!

o

Hooray for you! We here in the ABB club will miss you, but I'm sure A2 will be along soon to welcome you to the post ABB club. ;)

Great job!

o

Nice! Good colors and a little reminiscent of brick (in a warm and homey way), but more elegant.

o

I LOVE the backsplash and your grout choice that ties in so beautiful with the creamy cabinets. I am considering the Clique cabinets but need help in getting measurements for a quote. I love your kitchen and I know you will enjoy your kitchen for yours. I appreciate your posts in sharing updates and the kitchen reveal and where you bought the cabinets and backsplash.

o

Elegant is the right word. That is the perfect backsplash! Beautiful, beautiful!

o

That is dynamite! You hit the nail on the head with that backsplash! Looks Fantistic. Congratulations! Enjoy!

o

That is really nice. Love the colors. Love the stone. Your backsplash is both rustic and refined. It was worth all the searching you did. You definitly nailed it.

o

that kind of slate feel to it really works with the black of the counters and hardware- good blending and love the texture.....I think yours was a tricky one to get right...fine job in the end.

o

Beautiful colors!

o

That looks great together! Would have never thought to use slate with painted cabs but wow - very nice! Enjoy.

o

Beautiful! It's visually interesting without being too busy, and ties in everything nicely. Great choice!

o

So beautiful! I love both the grout color and that little vertical detail next to the stove. Congratulations on a home run with this one!

o

Can't imagine a better choice for your beautiful kitchen. Love it!!!

o

Breezy was right - Welcome to the ABB alumni club!
We are so proud of you and it looks absolutely stunning!
The colors look great in your new kitchen.
Congratulations on a job well done!

I have to go back and look at your link!

o

Wow, it is the perfect blend of colors, great job!

o

Very nice! Love the bs - even made a trip to Lowes tonight to see it in person!

Congrats! tmy

o

It's absolutely stunning!
Honestly, I wasn't crazy about 2 tone kitchens until I saw yours. I would take it in a heartbeat. Well done!

o

Great color choices - tied everything together so well! Enjoy your time in the alumni knowing that you made the perfect choice.

o

Gorgeous!

o

Your tile voice was just perfect. You couldn't have done any better.
Can I ask you what sink you have. Is that a kohler whitehaven?

o

It is a 30" Whitehaven in biscuit.

o

Exciting - Glad to have a new member of the ABS alumni club. Looks great!

o

Beautiful!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here