Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathec_gw

Going to buy a Miele Dishwasher today...

kathec
11 years ago

I'm going to order online. I know what I want ~mostly~. I don't want to deal with a sales person who is either going to try to convince me to buy the most expensive or which ever brand they are pushing that week.

I'm trying to decide between the Crystal Series and Dimension Series that requires a custom panel. Basically the 2nd or 3rd tier.

I wanted this brand for the built in water softener - which is only available in the Crystal and up. The number of cycles doesn't matter, I rarely use anything but the Normal or Pots & Pans cycles. I want quiet, but it's not a major thing. We currently have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II that came with our house. It isn't all that quiet, so any upgraded brand will be better.

I compared the different models online and the differences are:

Crystal has a digital control pad, the Dimension has a touchpad

Crystal does not have have an electronic display, the Dimension does

Crystal has Q2 accoustics ~ 50db and Dimension has Q3 ~44-45

**Note the DB levels were found on Gardenweb and were regarding their previous models. Not totally sure these are current or accurate. Either way, the Dimension is the quieter of the two.

The cost difference is roughly $300 more for the Dimension. Are these additional bells and whistles like an electronic display worth the extra $300? Is there a huge difference between 50 and 44?

Does any one have either of these models? Why did you pick yours over the others?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022