Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meramec Kitchens and Floors?

Posted by ErinHK (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 12:39

Has anyone recently ordered kitchen cabinets from Meramec Kitchens and Floors, or has otherwise dealt with this company? There are some old threads that date from 2008, but I have not seen anything recently. I would love to hear some recent experiences -- to confirm their existence for starters, and also to get a sense of how they do business. We are looking to order Starmark cabinets -- and they offer them at 70% of retail. But, we don't want to send a check into the ether. Website: http://mkfusa.com/ Thanks!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meramec Kitchens and Floors?

I have not, but have been communicating with them this last week about getting updated pricing. They have been responsive, but no I have not ordered from them.

o

I have not yet either. I have found them not the most responsive -- but somewhat. Have you ordered yet? Thanks.

o

I've been corresponding with Dan from Meramec/mkfusa for the past week, and he's been very responsive so far. I plan to order sample doors, and if I like them I do expect to order from Meramec. I really like the quality/appearance of the StarMark cabinetry, and the price looks amazing. Will follow up if all goes to plan. I wouldn't have had the courage to order online cabinetry without gardenweb reviews (few, but generally very positive)!

o

Good luck fouramblues. We went and saw Starmark at a showroom. I thought they looked fine, but my husband was a little concerned about the strength of the drawer bottoms. The door fronts look great and good quality. I wonder why Meramec has been less responsive to me...do you mind passing along the contact info you have? I just went through the e-mail address on their site. Maybe there is a better way. The price is so right, I hope it works out. Thanks!!

o

I spoke too soon about Meramec, erinhk. I do plan to order Starmark cabinetry from them, but the process is slow, since response time has gotten long. (I've just been using the email address on their site, too.) FYI, I have a large kitchen and was quoted ~$22K by a KD for Starmark. I have immersed myself in the Starmark catalog, and think I have close to the same components the KD included (hard to tell, since KD understandably wouldn't give me a line item breakdown), and the quote is just over $18K from Meramec. So a $4K savings, which isn't bad! One thing to note: Meramec might drop credit card as a payment option (3% fee for credit card transactions) by end of year. PayPal makes me nervous, as you must open a dispute within 45 days of initial transaction to be eligible for buyer protection.

o

fouramblues did you decide to go with Meramec for your cabinets? I have been trying to get a quote from them but have received no response. All emails I send are returned to me because their mailbox is full and I haven't received any return phone calls. Should I forgo the discount and move onto a local company?
Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here