Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

ISO the perfect modern faucet - please show me yours

kaysd
12 years ago

I had the Kohler Vinnata in my last kitchen and loved its functionality. The kitchen in this house is going to be more modern, so I need something sleeker. I am looking for a single hole, single lever faucet with a pull down sprayer. I want a toggle switch that makes the spray stay on without holding the botton down. I would prefer that the spray setting stay on the next time the faucet is used, as we use the spray setting more often then the straight stream.

I saw the MGS Progetti Unico faucet in a store and was drawn to its unique handle and overall design, but the $1950 MSRP is way more than I will pay for a faucet. (I have found it online for as low as $950, but that is still a little high, and I worry I might be buying a counterfeit at that discount.) I also like the new KWC Sin, but I am not sure it has the right type of spray control. DH has vetoed the Kohler Karbon as "hideous" (I really wanted one for my island prep sink).

The local stores do not show many modern looking faucets, and I am looking for inspiration. Please show me your faucet or any sleek, modern looking faucets you like.

The Unico:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Unico

Comments (19)

• uroboros5
    12 years ago

My Kohler Simplice is an absolute joy.

The handle was front-mounted, instead of side-mounted to avoid dirtying the back splash and to have any potential leak fall into the sink rather than the granite.

• kaysd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Uroboros, that is a really attractive faucet. Did you buy the larger or smaller version of the Simplice?

• plllog
    12 years ago

I have the MGS Vela-D on my clean-up sink. It's pretty perfect. It didn't cost as much as my Karbon. Prices may have realigned (dollar to euro) since then, though.

• leela4
    12 years ago

I have a Brizo Venuto which I really love:

I don't think it's quite as expensive as the Brizo you are considering.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brizo Venuto

• leela4
    12 years ago

Sorry-I just realized that I posted this in response to another (different) thread about Brizo faucets. My brain must be too full (or not full enough . . .)

• christine40
    12 years ago

We are getting the grohe concetto.....
    I am turning to post the embedded pic, but I can't....sorry!

http://www.groheamerica.com/p/25_57175.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe concetto

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

I don't have a pic of mine installed yet, nor do I have downloading access at the moment, but here's my Hanggrohe. The one on my cleanup sink has been running for 10 days, and my prep sink faucet has been up since Monday. I really love them. Even DH likes them.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have the ability to spray without pushing the button in, which, btw, goes on the back of the sprayer not in the front like the picture shows. I picked these facuets out early in my planning process, but then second-guessed them when I found out they didn't have the hold feature. I looked and looked for a modern faucet within my budget and couldn't find anything else. In the end, I chose the Hansgrohe despite the sprayer issue. I'm completely happy with my decision. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Oh....the Blanco Culina....love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Culina

• coastal_modern_love
    12 years ago

I have the KWC Systema. Pull down faucet with button spray. It switches off though when you turn off the water. I also have the attached soap dispenser.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Both Blanco.

• kaysd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for posting pictures. I think I am going to put together a photo array for DH to look at. (I'll show him the faucet w/o prices initially to get his honest impressions re how they look.)

• uroboros5
    12 years ago

To kaysd

I have the larger version of the Simplice.

• kitmu
    12 years ago

Just played with the Hansgrohe Axor Citterio faucet yesterday at the store. It is similar to the Hansgrohe that Breezygirl posted, but the handle is more solid. Loved it, especially in the Steel Optik, which has a beautiful matte finish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Axor Citterio faucet

• rococogurl
    12 years ago

mgs makes super high end faucets. Margie B has one in her beautiful kitchen (link below). Perhaps you can contact her for a reference on the brand. They are made in Italy and are completely stainless steel, which is what drives up the price.

KWC has super quality but not all of their faucets have pull downs with spray. The Sin has 2 different faucets with spray and "automatic diverter reset". A third has only pull down with aerator (no spray). So question is whether first two switch from aerator to spray and stay on either way? I used their Systema and loved it but found it only when I called them for suggestions. They were really helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Margie B's kitchen with MGS Faucet

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

I am just about to order the Waterstone PLP 5400 faucet for http://www.waterstoneco.com/p-parche-5300.cfm
    It met my requirements - modern,good looking, pull down feature and the sprayer will stay on without holding a buttton.
    US made and entire faucet is brass. I was just about to go with the Grohe and then found out the head is not real metal.
    Also - Waterstone is coming out with a classic model which is beautiful but just doesn't match my kitchen style (and you do have to hold the sprayer lever). It is not on the website yet - but I was in a shop that just happened to have it for preview.

• LMM170
    12 years ago

I have the PLP by Waterstone. There is a photo of the new one on the linked site below. It was not available when I ordered mine. Love mine though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterstone faucets

• davidro1
    12 years ago

KWC Sin Highflex

• xand83
    12 years ago

Our Danze faucet seems to match your criteria. It is a Danze D404558SS in stainless. We have been very happy with it over the last year. I think the only feature that it doesn't have is the toggle-switch changes back over to stream once the faucet has been turned off. But for under $300, that didn't really phase us. Good luck!