Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1" Thick solid wood cabinets

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 12:33

Please settle a bet for me. What cabinet makers can you name who make 1" thick, solid wood cabinets. Can be small, private custom cabinet makers or well-known manufacturers. Thank you so much, in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1" Thick solid wood cabinets

Well
So long as you are talking about 1" thick solid wood frames and doors- with plywood sides. (If you are looking for solid wood sides they would have to be rail and stile so only on exposed ends) then:
I know that Quality Custom Cabinetry (since I sell them) does and just made that standard at no upcharge. I also sell Kropp Woodworking which does (often marketed as a private label brand by dealers).
I know Christiana and Craftmaid (with a "C" not a "K") will. I'd expect Rutt would.
I would think that there are many other choices out there. I'd bet Mountaineer would if I asked, Crystal might. There have to be at least half a dozen more.

o

Dynasty/Omega has some door styles that are 1" thick.

o

Most local custom cabinetmakers do.
Architectural work can be even thicker.

o

I forgot to add: It's really a waste of resources to do that. Yes, it provides a more solid "thunk" when you close the doors, but it doesn't make the cabinets last any longer or perform any better. It's a snob appeal thing.

o

Yeah, in most cases- had an architect speck 2" white oak rails and stiles once- lord knows why.
QCCI offers a 1" frame where the door is set back and an extra profile is added to the inside edge of the frame. It can be lovely as an accent or for a furniture piece,not the kind of thing I see often in a complete kitchen.
There are a few doors that are nicer in 1", they recently added a door style with a 5/8" wide cove edge profile, love on the 1" door, not so much on the 3/4" there are a few others where it matters for looks- frames no big deal.
Say LWO how's the new digs going?- iamatquickatmcaniffdotcom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here