Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenamy

Kraus KHF200 Semi Pro Faucet?

gardenamy
12 years ago

Has anyone purchased this faucet? I'm considering the Kraus 33" stainless farmhouse sink/faucet combo from Overstock.

Are you happy with it? Any photos to share? Thanks in advance!

Comments (20)

• jscout
    12 years ago

That model number is for the sink. Do you mean KPF-1602? If so, I have it and I really like it. At first, I was disappointed that the sprayer wasn't more powerful. But I was expecting it to be like one found in a commercial kitchen, which I have used in the past. As it is, it's fine. The sprayer is definitely stronger than the typical pullout sprayer, so it's more than good enough in the home. At first, we used the non-sprayer part all the time and then the sprayer as needed. After about a week of using it, we changed over to using the sprayer by default.

• gardenamy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jscout - Sorry, you are correct. I put the sink model number down instead. :) Sounds like the sprayer would be fine at home. Glad to know you like the faucet. Do you have any photos?

• jscout
    12 years ago

Here are a couple of photos:

• gardenamy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jscout - Many thanks! Love it. Will measure the height when I get home, but other than that I'm sold!

• equest17
    12 years ago

jscout, when you use the sprayer, do you usually unhook it from the brace and hold it in your hand or do you just turn on the water and use it in place? It looks like it's so far back that you would have to really reach back to get in the stream, so I'm wondering if you always have to hold it.

• jscout
    12 years ago

Great observation! When it's in the arm, it points straight into the drain basket, which is a little bit of a reach for extended use. For extended use, I just unhook it and let it hang freely over the center of the sink. The sprayer has a lock to keep the water on, so I just effortlessly maneuver it as I see fit. When I only need a quick rinse like for a piece of fruit, I just leave it in the arm.

• equest17
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info jscout. One more question (to jscout, or anyone who has one of these commercial type faucets); do you find that the height is annoying since it blocks a bit of your view? I only have a 23" (width of the glass) window centered behind the sink, but it looks out on a pretty pasture and I'm concerned about losing my view.

• kitokeefe
    12 years ago

We just got ours installed about two weeks ago. Christmas Eve dinner my brother in law used it to help with the dishes (14 people) and indicated that he thought it was the best part of our new kitchen.

I really like how the sprayer turns on/off. I agree with jscout in that I wish it could be more powerful. We haven't quite gotten used to using the regular spout with a bit of splashing. It is quite tall, so the only reason I wouldn't recommend it, is if you have low ceilings or a small kitchen.

As for whether it blocks, mine is in front of a window that does not have a nice view, so I haven't noticed. You could always mount it off to one side.

• equest17
    12 years ago

Sorry to keep hijacking your thread, Gardenamy, but I hate to start a new one when you've asked all the same questions I have.

I have high (10' ceilings), but a small kitchen window. The only other window is on the left side of the room and doesn't get much light or view. I've measured and I think the Kraus commercial style faucet would come up just a few inches below the middle of the window (where the two sashes meet). Does anyone have an opinion on how this would look?

Kitchen in progress:

• motherof3sons
    12 years ago

Another hijacker here.

Equest17 - LOVE your kitchen! I clicked on the pic and must admit I browsed the blog. Your house is very similar to the one we sold in September '11. I love Craftsman style homes and you have done a beautiful job with the old gal!

• gardenamy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hijack away! Equest - I did order the faucet but we are a long way away from install. Yes, it is very tall and I also have concerns about it being in front of the window. However I like the looks from other photos so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Kitokeefe - any photos you can post??

• equest17
    12 years ago

Thanks so much motherof3! We love the house, and the original kitchen is one of my favorite parts. We're keeping as much intact as possible, which is why I'm struggling over the Kraus faucet. I love the functionality of it, and since we don't have a prep sink, the extra spigot would be so handy for when my dh is helping out in the kitchen. But the look is so modern and industrial, I'm not sure if it will stick out like a sore thumb, especially given the prominent position in the center of the room right in front of the window! But of course, none of the other appliances look like 1925, so maybe it would be in keeping with the modern amenities.

Gardenamy, what did you decide to do? Are you going with the Kraus?

• equest17
    12 years ago

Sorry Gardenamy, we must have cross-posted. Thanks for letting me know you ordered it. How large is your window?

Kitokeefe, I'd love to see photos, too. Since we're using the IKEA Domsjo sink, we can't mount the faucet anywhere but the center (it comes predrilled with one center hole, and the drainboard ridges on the back lip mean you can't really put a hole anywhere else).

• gardenamy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Equest17 - 56" casement window with 3 sections each with 14" glass. I'm hoping will not be too tall either. I also have a pre 1920 house. You are correct, not to be found in a 1920 home but I'm thinking more of "farmhouse modern". None of the stainless would have been found in the 1920 home, but I am going with white inset shaker and wood floors..so s mix of both worlds.

• jscout
    12 years ago

Just catching up and I'm sorry I missed this. But to answer the question, in my installation it doesn't block the view. But you know what? I don't know what all the fuss is regarding the view from the sink. Honestly, I never stand at the sink and stare out the window. If I'm standing at the sink, I'm doing something like scrubbing pots or large baking pans and sheets. Or I'm rinsing food. I don't know about you folks but I keep my eyes focused on the task.

I do think I remember an old black and white movie where the housewife (maybe Doris Day or Mrs. Cleaver) was standing at the window drinking a cup of coffee and daydreaming out the window. But who the heck really does that?

Realistically, the faucet, while tall, is relatively narrow. If it blocks anything it isn't much. And from the side, it's mounted far enough away from the window that the side angle view out the window is unobstructed. If you're keeping your eye's on the kids, then it's narrow enough that your peripheral vision should be fine. I'll try to take a photo of my daytime view for some perspective.

• jscout
    12 years ago

Ok, here are a few pictures with "views". My window is 73" wide. HTH.

From across the aisle:

Standing at the sink looking straight:

Side view:

• gardenamy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jcout - Thank you for more photos! I think it looks great. Mine is in the box and ready...hopefully by Feb???

Do you mean to say that you are not Mrs. Cleaver in an apron daydremaing out the window? LOL The visual - made me laugh!!!

• jkoebnick
    12 years ago

Loved this thread and that faucet so much that I ordered one too! It arrived yesterday. I am really excited because our sink is on a wall with no window and our cabinet maker was building a mantel type cabinet above the sink for more of a focal point. I thought this tall facuet would be perfect! But now my husband has many questions...like how do you keep the hose clean and nice looking or isn't it a problem? And was it easy to install?

• gardenamy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jkoebrick - Sorry, mine is not installed yet. Hopefully within the month! Perhaps Jscout will be able to answer regarding the installation and cleaning. Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is really great! I love the cabinets and how they are arranged.