Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harborboat

Color match to Shiloh polar white?

truffula
9 years ago

Thanks to all the help on this board, my kitchen is almost done. We've installed Shiloh inset cabinets in polar white and they look really great. Has anyone matched this color in a benjamin white color? We are building some seats nearby and I would like to paint it a similar white since it's right next to the cabinets. Thanks to everyone who have helped with all the kitchen layout questions

Comments (22)

• Rudebekia
    9 years ago

I have just ordered Shiloh cabinets in ivory, so I'm almost at the point of asking a similar question. I do know that their brochure states they can use any SW color. I assume this means that their white painted cabinets are a SW color--and if you can find out which one you can have BM match it. Looking forward to any input from others on this one!

• truffula
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Is the Shiloh polar white the same thing as Sherwin Williams polar white? That would be great but not sure

• Niki Friedman
    9 years ago

We're not at install yet (drywall on Monday) but I recall my KD mentioning that Shiloh will sell you the paint they use. We're having laundry cubbies built on site and they will be the same color as our shiloh soft white.

Can you post pics of your inset cabinets? We are doing inset uppers- I'm so excited!!!

• truffula
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll upload some images from my phone

This post was edited by truffula on Sat, Nov 22, 14 at 12:53

• truffula
    Original Author
    9 years ago

still in progress but end is near

x

This post was edited by truffula on Sat, Nov 22, 14 at 13:23

• truffula
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just realized I should just take a left over piece of molding to the paint store and have them color match it.

• aries61
    9 years ago

truffula, your pictures didn't up in the posting.

• Deborah Mahnken
    8 years ago

Just found this topic. I was wondering if you ever found a match for the polar white. We just had polar white uppers installed with a marble backsplash & caesarstone organic white counters. I'm going crazy trying to decide on a wall color.

• Deborah Mahnken
    8 years ago

Thanks - they color matched to white dove, but that color's not the same.

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

That's sad. Would then have them do it again or go to a different paint store.

• slk7e7
    8 years ago

We got a custom color island through Shiloh and they use Sherwin-Williams for their custom colors, so they might have more of a relationship with SW and can direct you toward a match? Just a thought.

• Michelle
    8 years ago

I did polar white and chose SW Snowbound for trim.

• Deborah Mahnken
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thanks - I'll check that out. I've got east & west windows and the light shifts throughout the day. I think I may be looking for the impossible- a color that matches regardless of light. BM vanilla milkshake is the closest I've found.

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

There was no name on the color matched can of paint I got, just a formula number/SKU. Are you trying to match to a standard color or having them custom match it?

• Deborah Mahnken
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I may have to custom match it. I'm trying to remember what I asked for.

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

BTW - there was no charge to do the custom match color.

• PRO
    KH Interiors
    3 years ago

Shiloh will sell you a quart/gallon of their paint to use.

• PRO
    Salt Eire
    last year

Did anyone ever get an answer on a BM or SW paint for trim when you have polar cabinets? My builder was thinking a more stark white (pure white or extra white) to go with the window colors but I’m nervous of it making the cabinets looks yellowish.

• nellieou
    9 months ago

I've looked at my Shiloh Polar cabinets against SH Alabaster paint and to my eye in my space it looks to be a match.

• Mar Ban
    7 months ago

Hi- I just matched my polar cabinets and here are the options- BM- Cloud nine (2144-60), moonlight white (2143-60), paper mache (AF-25). They all look pretty good so far- will depend on your lighting. Good Luck!

• scott3294
    6 months ago

SW Cold Foam is pretty darn close according to my color analyzer.