Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen island shape

Posted by okpokesfan (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 12:01

In our new build, we will have an angled island. It will go about 5 feet, then make a 45 degree turn, go about 3 ft, make another 45 degree turn, then go another 2 1/2 ft. Right now we have it drawn up with the sink in the 3 ft run with the DW in the 2 1/2 ft. run.

I am wondering if any of you have this setup and if you like it. Is it awkward to load the dishwasher? I'm worried that it will be and am thinking about moving the sink and DW to the 5 ft run ( I can change the run dimensions a little if I need to.)

We started dirt work today so need to have this decided pretty soon. I don't have it saved up so can't post a picture. I will try to later this evening but would appreciate all comments before then!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen island shape

I have a zig zag shaped island and it works fine for me. It's not difficult to load the dishwasher at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I would think the DW would need more than a 2 1/2 foot run in order for the door to not interfere with a person standing at the sink. My inlaws have a similar setup monkeyjac with about an 18" trash pullout in between the sink and DW. With a 2 1/2 foor run you will only have 6" between DW and sink.

o

I can move the DW to the other side run so I may play around with that. Thanks for the input!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here