Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

warning- terrible homeclick experience- stay away

Ordered sofas from Homeclick 3 weeks ago. Guaranteed delivery by the 24th of November. Surprise, surprise---- no sofas as of yesterday!

After repeated phone calls, I was told the sofas were discontinued. Yet, they did not call to tell me this. Oh, and they processed my credit card on Nov 1 and have not refunded me the money yet. Calling Amex.

Do NOT ever, ever, ever, ever order anything from Homeclick. Check the Yelp reviews and reseller reviews--- this store has done this frequently. They take your money and never send the item and don't follow up.

Just Say No to Homeclick.

Comments (11)

• emma
    9 years ago

I don't buy anything like that on the net because it would be to hard to return. I do order books and movies but not much loss there if it doesn't work out. I don't even buy from US stores when I am on a tour because of return problems. You need to call the attorney general of the state that business is in. I did that once and got a very prompt return on my money.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will do that if I don't see the money on my Amex card very soon. I already contacted the Better Business Bureau, Google (they are a "trusted reseller"---- ha!) and posted on many review websites. I am just so angry! Now I have to start the process of getting a sofa all over again and it will probably be another month long wait (or more) since I want a custom green color :(

It should be a criminal offense for a store to sell a product, take your money and not have the product. Fraud ?

• alex9179
    9 years ago

That's terrible.

I've ordered a fridge and toilet from them and had zero problems. It's really unfortunate that their customer service failed you.

• beaniebakes
    9 years ago

I purchased a toilet, kitchen sink and faucet from them with no problems whatsoever. In fact, flawless transactions, with free overnight delivery on items in stock and four day delivery direct from the manufacturer. Sorry you had this problem.

• beaniebakes
    9 years ago

I purchased a toilet, kitchen sink and faucet from them with no problems whatsoever. In fact, flawless transactions, with free overnight delivery on items in stock and four day delivery direct from the manufacturer. Sorry you had this problem.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Glad to hear it worked out for some people ordering from there. They seem to have a very poor system for checking when things are in stock with manufacturers and delivering goods on time. If the manufacturer happens to have the item, I guess it will come...

But Homeclick really should not sell items that they don't have and then not notify the consumer for weeks on end. If you have any kind of time sensitive need for an item, I would be very wary of ever ordering from there. I'll never, ever order from them again.

• mom2samlibby
    9 years ago

I had great experiences with them also. I placed five orders with them over the past year and half. All items arrived quickly with no problems. Mine were light fixtures and plumbing supplies.

• HomeChef59
    9 years ago

I think you have to remember that they are a virtual store with no inventory. They are not a brick and mortar store. But, there has been a slow down at the California docks for the last few weeks. Items manufactured from Asia may be delayed. A lot of merchants may not be able to fulfill online orders as they had planned. It looks like your family will be sitting on folding chairs for Thanksgiving.

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

I bought a bunch of things for my bathroom reno at Homeclick: towel bars, shower curtain bar, toilet paper holder, tub faucet set, and 2 sink faucets. Everything arrived very quickly and in perfect condition. I wonder if the company does better with kitchen and bathroom items, rather than furniture, i.e. their suppliers and transportation are more geared to bathroom/kitchen items - idk, it's just a thought.

• beaniebakes
    9 years ago

Agree with previous post. They seem geared to kitchen and bath items, not furniture. I think ther *do* inventory some items because I received them overnight from their address while another item came from the mfg and took longer. That said, the OP should have recd better communication and a refund.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Interesting that people here are reporting good experiences. I posted in Home Decor & Building a Home and there was a reply in each of those threads from someone who the same thing happened to.

Guess it is hit-or-miss depending upon what particular item you order.

I get that their business model is not to have an inventory, but if that's the case, you need to do better at making sure you keep on top of what is going on with the order so people aren't kept waiting for three weeks only to be told their item is not going to come (after they call to follow up... who knows how long I'd have to wait if I was waiting for Homeclick to realize the order was not going to be filled). I have ordered from a lot of online companies and never had such a terrible experience !