Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinkk333

My Mascarello Slabs!! Help Choose Cab Color!

martinkk333
10 years ago

These are my Mascarello slabs that I finally found yesterday. The doors are Conestoga. I'm trying to decide between the Madison door in Crystal White with Coffee Glaze or the Albany door in Chesapeake. Painted on the perimeter. Stained island. Looking at Hickory wood floors. No uppers on window wall. The dark sample door is Cherry in an Autumn finish with a Brown Glaze. Will it darker or redden over time? What do you guys think? Glazed or just the cream by itself? Two floor colors we are considering. I really like the look of the random width floors. The last pic is kitchen in it's current state. (Sheetrock going back up.)

Comments (15)

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Both slabs.

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Possible floor colors?

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kitchen as it is now. Getting there. :-)

• romy718
    10 years ago

Put me down for the wood floor on the left & the whiter cabinet on the left. Beautiful stone!
    Edit: added on the left to whiter cabinet

This post was edited by romy718 on Sat, Nov 2, 13 at 12:51

• Lisa
    10 years ago

I definitely think that the darker floor looks better. The lighter one blends w/the brown cabinet too much. As for the white doors, I think the door style on the left goes better w/the brown door style because it has a little detail to it, which the brown door has a lot of (detail).

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I think this will be a classy, dressed-up kitchen, so I'd use a white cabinet with a little more style than the plain Shaker. And please--no busy backsplash competing with your gorgeous counters! That mosaic has "Home Depot bargain" written all over it.

• ZLauren
    10 years ago

I'd vote for the warm white cabs and the warmer-toned flooring!

• martinkk333
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the help!

lcskaisgir - I think I also like the darker floor color. DH is worried, though, that the glaze on the cabinets might drive us crazy. He says "It will look like a bunch of brown squares everywhere." lol

Thank you may-flowers. We are definitely NOT using the mosaic in the kitchen. (Considering using a small strip as a baseboard inset in the office.) Thinking of just a cream arabesque or subway tile for BS. That is why I tend to lean towards the unglazed cream cabinet. The travertine under the mosaic is on the floor around the fireplace in the adjoining great room so we are also trying to make sure the the wood flooring works with that.

ZLauren - I also like warm tones. Makes the house feel homey to me.

What is we used the door on the left, but without the glaze? I know the detail wouldn't stand out as much as it does with the glaze, but would it be more in style with the rest of the kitchen?

• romy718
    10 years ago

I was looking at the shades of white, white vs. cream. No glaze would be preferable, IMO.

• cawaps
    10 years ago

The granite is gorgeous and looks great with you cab choices.

I also like the darker floor for the same reason as lcskaisgir--the other one just blends into the cabs with no contrast. And I also prefer the white cab on the left to the one on the right.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

There have been some very pretty glazed cabinets with ornate door styles here, but I'd keep the Shaker styles clean and simple. Posts I've seen on GW, which seems to have their finger on the pulse of current trends, say that glazed cabinets look dated. I have also read that it looks dirty and it requires a very skilled cabinet finisher to do it right.

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

I like the creamy one to the left of the wood and the floor on the left too

• dretutz
    10 years ago

I like the darker floor and the creamier cab on the far right. I think it is a complement to the slabs.

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

I'm a newbie, so take my thoughts with loads of salt.

I chose the door style to left, which i thought added a little interest. (Mine are maple, and I added a brown glaze, which highlighted the detail).

Is the white cabinet too white for that slab? Hard to tell from picture.

I like darker floor, for the contrast.

• taggie
    10 years ago

Agree with the majority above. Darker floor and the cabinet style on the left. I don't think a plain shaker works well with the beautifully detailed raised panel and mitered door style (gorgeous!!) on your island, and prefer the dressier cab on the left.

PS. those are stunning slabs!