Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinakauh

ROUGH estimate for mudroom/laundry remodel?

tina kauh
9 years ago

sorry to hijack the kitchen forum, but it seems to be the only one with decent traffic. we just finished a major reno of our kitchen using a very high-end kitchen designer/contractor. we probably paid a little more than we could have using a different team but we were willing to pay the extra $$ for the added confidence that it would be done well. (we plan to stay in this house for another 40 years and are hoping that the kitchen lasts at least 20 of them.) we now want to move on to renovating the mudroom/laundry, which sits between the garage and kitchen. the mudroom currently has builder grade oak cabs (2 uppers and one lower for the utility sink) and vinyl flooring.

we're going to:
1. replace the cabs with newer stained wood cabs (mid-grade; 2 uppers and one base sink cab)
2. remove the flooring and replace with ceramic tile
3. add a laminate countertop to go over the w/d and replace the existing countertop over the utility sink
4. add a simple L-shaped bench (nothing underneath like drawers or shelves)
5. add hooks with craftsman-style moulding to one wall (probably about 7-ft long) - similar to the wall/hooks in the attached photo
6. walls, bench, and moulding for hook wall would be painted

can anyone give me a VERY ROUGH estimate for how much that might cost? we're working with the KD and contractor that did our kitchen, and we're wondering if their bid is way higher than we could be getting elsewhere (assuming good quality construction/workmanship). as I mentioned earlier, we were willing to pay top dollar for the kitchen but would be happy with just a "good" (as opposed to great) mudroom. the mudroom is about 10x10 feet, and we'd be getting mid-grade cabinetry. we also live in the burbs of philly. I'm guessing it shouldn't cost any more than $10-15K. would appreciate any feedback!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer