Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wmmallette

Kitchen Layout Design

wmmallette
9 years ago

Are there members here who offer paid design services for kitchens?

I have a 12' x 24' kitchen space and can upload a diagram showing current windows, doors and water/drain pipe locations.

-Mickey

Comments (13)

• GauchoGordo1993
    9 years ago

why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

• Jillius
    9 years ago

Gaucho, shhhh! Mickey, I would be delighted to redesign your kitchen for money!

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

i just wouldn't want to presume anything from anyone. I have gotten a lot of useful information from these forums. Just want to be fair to anyone interested.

If you are interested, please email me at the email in my profile.

-Mickey

This post was edited by MickeyM1449 on Mon, Nov 17, 14 at 13:52

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

i have tried to email you Jillius . . . cant find a link to do that.

my email is:
    wmmallette@bellsouth.net

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am attaching 3 photos in ths post and the following 2 posts:

--the dimensions of the blank space with current doors and windows marked.

--the current layout and

--what i had designed.

Looking for layout ideas.

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

this is what the room layout looks like now

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

this is what i came up with.

If someone can help, that would be appreciated.

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

Where do those doorways lead? What is the flow of the house around this space?
    Who lives here?
    Who *will* live here?
    Who cooks, and how often, and what type of food (oil/fry? baker?)

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I live here with my wife and 3 kids (5,2 & 2). Top doorway leads to laundry area and back entry door. The 5' wide opening leads to the living area where we watch tv and live. I will probably open that up another foot or two to make it an open concept area. The regular doorway on the bottom that I removed in my design leads to a formal dining room and I simply moved that door to a spot just as you walk into the living area.

Cooking in the kitchen everyday. Nothing specialized. My wife is a homemaker in every sense of the task and cooks most every meal.

• Buehl
    9 years ago

You don't need to email anyone - we help design kitchens for free. In fact, I think it's against the Terms of Service to obtain work from here or get paid for anything you do here.

In addition, if you email someone privately, then no one else knows what other information you've provided that might help others work on your layout.

This post was edited by buehl on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 13:36

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

i am going to put a layout of the whole house to give the kitchen some perspective.

• Buehl
    9 years ago

How far off the floor are the windows? If less than 36", can either one be changed to be counter-height? It would make a big difference regarding what is possible.

How do you feel about banquette seating? (One or two benches against the wall.)

• wmmallette
    Original Author
    9 years ago

window on the far left of the layouts above is the window above the kitchen sink right now, so its fine. the window on the far right of the layouts starts ony 8 - 12 inches off the ground and goes all the way up near the ceiling (8'). It cannot be moved. House exterior is brick and do not want to alter anything onthe exterior.

This post was edited by MickeyM1449 on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 13:57