Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20095016

Choosing better named kitch faucets

User
11 years ago

I need to replace a faucet in my kitchen. My sink has 3 holes 3 inches apart and a deck over the wholes.

I want a high arch faucet and 2 knobs I can "kick" with fingers.

I don't want a pull down spray.

I would like satin nickle.My sick is black.

All that stuff said, my research at H/D and Lowes and Amazon and all the discount places online have left me feeling I can't get there. My price range is $250 to $300.

All the reviews are bad on Delta, Moen, American Standard

Kholer. These are good old fashion names and in my price range they get very bad reviews.

Anyone have advice about good online places to buy a solid

faucet set that doesn't drip and lasts like my Grohe for 20 years. Am I aiming to low in price? I look at the reviews in H/D and then out on the web and boy are they different. I want to match stainless steel appliances and think satin nickle is a good choice. Are there others that don't look like polished steel?

I included a picture of the faucets type but don't want the spray because that would be 4 holes. Glacier Bay looks right but in a review they said the faucet fell off.

cheap, cheap.

What is your experience? Thanks, much

Ellie

Here is a link that might be useful: H/D faucets

Comments (3)

• northcarolina
    11 years ago

Delta, Moen, and Kohler are all well regarded on this forum for the most part (there are always some duds and some unhappy customers). My plumber recommended any of those 3 brands when I asked him earlier this year. We have had Moens for years and have been very happy with them. I don't know as much about American Standard. I'd stay away from Glacier Bay from what I have heard.

My plumber recommended buying from a plumbing supply showroom instead of the big box stores, but when I called Moen they verified that the faucets were the same as long as they had the same model number. I bought our main kitchen faucet from the showroom, but when it came time for the prep sink faucet, I bought it online for a significantly lower price. Look for a faucet that feels heavy, and if possible try them out in person before you buy. The installations at the big box stores leave a lot to be desired. That's where a plumbing supply showroom can be very helpful -- and it's a reason to give them your business, if you like to try before you buy. (I didn't have to try out my prep faucet since I just got the little version of the big one, which I love.)

If you need to trim the cost a bit more, go with chrome instead of satin nickel. Yes, it's shiny but it is also classic and (in my experience with our Moens anyway) is pretty bulletproof.

Check out the faucet reviews at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet reviews at Starcraft

• xxxOldTimeCarpenter
    11 years ago

Here are the brands we commonly use and rarely have problems with: Chicago, Moen, Delta, Symmons, Wolverine, California Faucets, and Elkay. Some you will have heard of, some not. You can find out about them at the faucet review link posted by NorthCarolina, above. Stay away from any faucet containing any plastic, especially plastic in the valves.

To find our how to buy a faucet, check out the link below.

Hope this helps you.

Here is a link that might be useful: An Overview of Faucets

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

These answers are good for me. Yes, I must find a plumbing outfit and they must have a ceramic disc if that is the term.

Online buying in this area is so disappointing at my price point. I haven't looked at your attachments but hope upon hope it leads to me to good products. Home Depot and such have me looking up at untouchable merchandise. I liked when they had an upscale store.

Thanks, I will write more if I need help beyond these very strong answers.

Best to you,

Ellie