Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meliss6

Countertop help please!

Meliss6
9 years ago

I'm having the hardest time picking out a counter and would live done advice. I've narrowed it down to 2 choices. Millenium cream granite or Taj Mahal quartzite. Ive attached a pic of my new tile then the other 2 pics are at the stone yard with a small sample of my tile, the white wood which will be my cabinets and the brown wood which will be 6 ft island. I'm do torn. Any advice is appreciated! Thank u. :)!!

Comments (27)

• Meliss6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tile floor

• Meliss6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Millenium cream

• Meliss6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Quartzite Taj Mahal

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

For me, no contest. It's the Taj Mahal. But this isn't about us. They have very different looks. What is the effect you are going for?

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

No contest for me either - Taj Mahal all the way. Something about the green in the first one seemed not right. Or maybe that your island looks very elegant, as does the TM.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I'd go with the Taj, as well. I've always preferred a more flowing movement :)

• Lisa
    9 years ago

Absolutely Taj Mahal!

• elizabeth714
    9 years ago

taj. hands down.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

The second one because it looks to me like there's some fairly light white in it, which would work better with the cabs. i don't see the white in the first one.

• wags848
    9 years ago

Love the quartzite!

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

Another vote for the taj.

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

Taj Mahal - love that stone!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Love the Taj! Beautiful slab!

• joyfulflowers
    9 years ago

removed message

This post was edited by joyfulflowers on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 23:03

• joyfulflowers
    9 years ago

removed message

This post was edited by joyfulflowers on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 23:06

• joyfulflowers
    9 years ago

removed message

This post was edited by joyfulflowers on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 23:07

• joyfulflowers
    9 years ago

removed message

This post was edited by joyfulflowers on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 23:10

• joyfulflowers
    9 years ago

removed message

This post was edited by joyfulflowers on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 23:12

• joyfulflowers
    9 years ago

removed message

This post was edited by joyfulflowers on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 23:16

• deickhoff0
    9 years ago

joyfulflowers...you might want to start your own thread for more responses. 2 kitchens are confusing here

• joyfulflowers
    9 years ago

Sorry, I thought this was the thread just for people with countertop issues. I've removed my pictures and messages. GW doesn't have option to delete subject of posting.

This post was edited by joyfulflowers on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 23:20

• crl_
    9 years ago

I vote taj

• ci_lantro
    9 years ago

Neither choice looks good to me.

• aniawin
    9 years ago

Taj!

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

I love that quartzite! I'm not sure it goes with you floor tile though...that looks to have pinkish tones in the first pictures.

• ci_lantro
    9 years ago

That's my prob with the Taj. I really, really like the floor but besides the colors not playing well, the floor look a bit busy and kinda' flow-ey, at least in the photo. IMO, the floor will be duking it out with the Taj Majal.

• sprtphntc7a
    9 years ago

neither.....same reason as above

although i love the TM, its too much like the floor, no contrast..... i think this was brought up on another thread with the same floor.....the other one brings nothing to any of your other elements...

its going to be tough to find a stone to go with that floor...

IMHO you are almost forced to go with a quiet pattern or solid rather than a busy pattern b/c of that floor.....
    maybe just the TM on the island if you really love it and a quiet granite on the perimeter cabs?? how about antique brown or something in that family of granites for your perimeter...???

i think i would go darker on white cabs at least, if not all....
    if you go light on counters, its just going to look like a beige/white blob, with a dark island in the middle.....and this way it won't look like u tried to match cabs/floor and missed...
    although i do not know what color u are painting walls, so that could give u contrast with a dark paint....

i know u can add contrast with finishing touches, but then u are always stuck by "dark"....at least with dark counters u have options with how u decorate....

Good Luck :)