Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

KNGWD-please read

michelle16
13 years ago

Hi, I am also in hunterdon county and looking to do cabinets after christmas, I was also thinking of using craftlady's custom guy in PA, have you foung any amish carpenter's or anything good yet? I will let you know what i come up with, since we are in the same area, so far I like shiloh, and medallion semi custom, but would really like to find a good amish custom guy! Thanks, Michelle

Comments (9)

• kngwd
    13 years ago

Hey Michelle! I am still in early planning, but found looking around on this site Oxford Cabinet Shop in Oxford, PA. I have all the info written down at work, I'll post again tomorrow. Keep me posted on your progress!! there are so many choices- just when I think I know what I want, I find something else!!!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

KNGWD_ thanks I will look into that, so far i think I amgoing to try SEIFER kitchens in montville Nj, neareast hanover, someone posted they have shiloh cabinetry, I want a beaded inset cabinet and they have it and have a huge display, and they will remove your old cabinets and take them away for free and you get a tax credit, I am also going to try superior woodcraft(they do custom inset, have been in magazines) they have two locations in basking ridge nj, and doyelstown PA, I might try craftlady's post on her inset custom cabinets , but might be far-blue mountain PA?, and we have a local place in hunterdon county called european country kitchens that does custom their phone # is 908-479-6000, they have been in hunterdon county awhile, I am just going to really shop around and see who will give me that custom inset stacked cabinet look installed for 18,000-20,000! keep me posted on what you find out! Thanks, Michelle

• kngwd
    13 years ago

Have you contacted European Country Kitchens yet? I didn't bother! My hair salon is actually in their old building in Pittstown - beautiful work, but I've been told by several people if your budget is under $50k they laugh you out of the place!! Our budget for everything is 1/2 that!! Googling I found Kitchens Direct of Middlesex - much closer to us, and they carry Shiloh. My neighbor has a good friend who owns Royal Cabinet in Hillsborough - they are custom - and swears by them. The Amish place I found on here was Oxford Cabinet Shop, 120 Quarry Road, Oxford, PA 19363. The person said call Jacob Fisher M-W-F between 8-8:30am at 717-529-0949. I am also going to that place craftlady07 recommended in bath. For you in Clinton it shouldn't be more than a 45 min drive. Good luck, keep me posted!!!

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

Good luck to both of you! :)

If you decide to check out Blue Mountain Woodworking and you talk to Kyle, if he asks how you heard about them tell him Andrea posted about him on this website. I told him that I was mentioning them on an internet forum so he should know who you mean.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

KNGWD- I will not even try them then, because my budget is 20,000 for the cabinets and install, do u know if LUCRETZIA used the Jacob fisher guy u mentioned, from oxford cab shop, her pix were very nice!Michelle

• kngwd
    13 years ago

yes, it was Lucretzia. in the search box at the bottom of the page, type in "oxford cabinet shop" and you'll see the thread where she posted finished pix with all the info on everything in her kitchen.

• drjgreenberg
    13 years ago

Michelle, I am using a custom cabinet guy for painted inset in NJ whose price includes install and there is no tax b/c he makes and installs them- it's a capital improvement. He quoted me 29K for about 50 linear feet of base cabinetry inluding a pantry and range mantle type surround. And his price includes all moldings, side panels, roll outs, trim etc. everything. www.heardwoodworking.com He is in Chatham and I dealt with Russell the owner.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

drjgreenberg- this sounds great, and usually chatham is soooo expensive, i think I have alittle less than 50 linear fet, i think 30, so maybe he can do it for my 20,0000 budget, thanks!!!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just called , he's coming tues. soooo excited....thanks !!!!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz