Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlejo1_gw

Miele combi oven/coffee machine combo

LittleJo1
9 years ago

Hello everyone!
I'm having a bit of a situation. I have an appliance tower with (bottom to top): a warming drawer + combi oven, coffee machine and microwave oven.
The issue I'm having is with the space between the combi oven and the coffee machine. Both have the front flush with the body so neither cover the middle "shelf" that separetes them, so there's about 1.8 cm of space between them. The top of the coffee machine and the microwave both cover the shelf between them a little so there is about 0.5 cm left.
Being a little OCD, I can't really get over this. So I talked to the folks at Miele to find an alternative solution. So far I've mounted the coffee machine on 4 metal L profiles and it looks good. Miele folks said it's ok, but I just want to confirm. The manual says there should be a full shelf between the oven and coffee machine. Is that for support or for protecting the coffee machine from the heat? I'm wondering, does the body of the oven get really hot when in use? Could it damage the coffee machine? There's about 0.5 cm of empty space between them.
Attachee a pic of what the whole thing looks like.
Also, I have a question regarding appliance ventilation. In the manual for the fridge it says 200cm2 of ventilation has to be provided for each appliance. Could I get away with 200 for all of them? The coffee machine/microwave will run for a few minutes at a time so it would be just the oven and fridge (fridge is on the left). I've never owned built in appliances before, I have no idea how hot they get.
Thank you in advance.

Comments (5)