Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
remodeling kitchen, looking for suggestions for wall cabinets

Posted by Mary1956 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 11:06

Hi,

I'm remodeling my kitchen and moving my corner sink to wall and adding a window over it. We currently have two corner windows we plan on keeping. My concern is the two wall cabinets flanking the sink. I don't want them to appear to be just hanging there by themselves. They will be going all the way to the ceiling with crown molding as with the other other wall cabinets. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: remodeling kitchen, looking for suggestions for wall cabinets

Do you really need those two wall cabinets? Some open shelving in that space would look nice while still providing some functionality. Another possibility is to just enlarge the width of the window and do away with shelving or those those uppers. They do look rather lonely in your photo.

o

Do you know where you will be storing dishes and glasses? Generally considered an advantage to have them close to the DW, but it does not look to me like you will have enough room in those uppers near the sink. If you plan to use drawers in the island across from the sink, then you could eliminate the uppers as berardmr suggested.

o

I would also agree with the above. If not too late, put a larger window over your sink and don't use uppers. You will love the openness it gives you. I just did that in my new kitchen and love the results. I now keep all glasses, plates etc. in drawers. One of my favorite things about my kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here