Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jledhead

Finished Kitchen W/Pics

jledhead
13 years ago

We are moved in and I wanted to share some pics of our kitchen. We trolled this forum for a long time (I still do :) ) and appreciate it being here.

Info:

Jenn Air fridge

Jenn Air Micro

GE Monogram single wall oven

GE Monogram induction cooktop

GE Monogram dishwasher

Franke double bowl sink

Shiloh Cabinets

Bianco Romano granite top on permiter

JThompson woodtop w/waterlox on the island

And now for the pics

what we started with

there is also a door to the right that you can't see, so 3 doors in this tiny space

What we have now

I love the large drawers in the island for our pots and pans. In our old kitchen we had one small base cabinet with pull out trays, it was a fight everytime you wanted to get a pot out.

Our new desk/mail area in the entry

We also have pullout baskets on the end of the cabinets. Those and the end of the island we haven't been able to figure out what to put there because of our 2 year old tornado :)

Comments (20)

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

Very pretty! I love your island and sink. Are the oven & stove top designed to be placed together? Other than mine, yours is the only one I've seen - well and the photo of mine before I got it.

• petra66_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, I love the blue island!

• fly964
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your beatiful kitchen.

I am getting mostly GE Monogram appliances except for DW but particularly interested in the induction cooktop. Mine arrives Thursday next week. Yours looks like 30" stainless one (not the black one). How do you like it so far?

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

Very nice! I love the blue island.

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Congratulations--your island is gorgeous and I like your nice big sink too! How are you liking your induction?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

Terrific. The blue island really makes it different!

• jledhead
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! We love the blue island with the wood top. we thought about doing granite and are glad we didn't. It almost looks like a piece of furniture in there now, which is what we wanted.

For the induction, its the 30" stainless or metallic one. So far we love it. warms up very fast and cooks good. I am forced to demo its awesomeness when people visit by boiling water :) . we had mostly all-clad pots and pans so we didn't have to buy very much. That induction is supposed to be designed slimmer and is supported over a monogram oven. ge was about the only company I could find that supported induction over an oven.

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Your island is very special! Love your sinks and that mail center should come standard in every kitchen!

• grneyesct
    13 years ago

Wonderful Job!! I adore the wood countertop on the island! Beautiful colors together.

The finished kitchen threads make me rethink what I am doing in mine! I end up trying to incorporate every fabulous combination, fixture, color scheme that someone else has.. LOL

~ D ~

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Oh it's gorgeous! I LOVE the island color and the spunk it adds to the white palette. Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing!

• monkeymo
    13 years ago

Love it! I have always loved the look of blue cabinets and your island is a show piece. Good choice to break up the granite.

• scrappy25
    13 years ago

great job! Can I ask what your aisle sizes are on either side of the island?- we have a similar peninsula layout and would like to change to an island layout as well. thank youf orposting, it looks lovely.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Great transformation! I too love your island and its wood top. Your floors are also beautiful and really compliment the wood top on the island. Your space is so much more open and welcoming! Congratulations, and I'm sure you'll love cooking in your new kitchen!

• positano
    13 years ago

OOOOOOOH if you've seen my kitchen you know I looooove blue. Absolutely gorgeous color island, you must be thrilled.Looks fantastic and those pendants are so pretty.
    Enjoy it!

• maidielou
    13 years ago

Ooh.. a blue and white kitchen!! My favorite! I love the spot of blue island. And how do you like your bianco romano? (I have it in my blue and white kitchen also!) Also the wood island top is so warm in contrast to the granite. It's all well-grounded with your beautiful wood floor. Great job!

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

The island is handsome.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

It is all so pretty! Many happy meals to you ;)

• ccoombs1
    13 years ago

What a great improvement! The blue island is really nice. Good job!

• dirtymartini
    13 years ago

wow, looks great! I bet you are thrilled, enjoy!

• cardamon
    13 years ago

You've got my colors so naturally I think you did a great job. Very nice island, love the wood on top of that blue!
    Best wishes in your pretty kitchen.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals