Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucas_tx_gw

Suggestions on layout please

lucas_tx_gw
11 years ago

Trying to do a refresh but keep the costs in line. 1984 ranch house with an upstairs addition.

Will do new cabinet, counters, floors but because the house is on a slab I'm really reluctant to move plumbing both from the standpoint of cost and afraid to break up the slab. So would like the sink and DW to stay put. Fridge on the other hand needs to move because it's in a corner, but I think the ice maker line can be moved in the walls, so not a big deal.

Main objectives are:

1. Open the wall over the sink to be able to see out.

2. Remove upper cabs over sink and peninsula and soffits

3. Make more space between sink and stove for prep area

Only the DH and I in the house.

Current kitchen floor plan

Current downstairs floorplan

Bedrooms are off to the left. Note there is a huge pantry under the stairs so storage for food/paper goods not a problem. Garage is to the right. Formal dining to right of breakfast area. There is an opening there, just not shown. We plan to widen that opening to allow both rooms to be used as one eating area for holidays. We also plan to make the opening into the kitchen bigger, right now it's only 33." We got a new fridge a year or so ago and it was a challenge to find one that could get through the door and then fit in that corner.

{{!gwi}}

Proposed future floor plan. Please ignore the gaps around the sink base. I used the IKEA planner to sketch this but it isn't very smart about non-square rooms, so this is just to get a rough idea

{{!gwi}}

3D view this is looking from back wall, the one where the frig is today

{{!gwi}}

View of sink today

{{!gwi}}

View from over peninsula today

{{!gwi}}

View from breakfast area today, this is what I'd like to see more of from the sink

{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022