Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen cabinet toe kick area

Posted by Trentsteff (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 10:25

Hi all,

I love all your wonderful advice and enjoy this site immensely!

I have ordered custom cabinets for our new kitchen, and am getting into the details. What is your experience with decorative toe kicks under the cabinets?

I'd like to move forward with this look, but am wondering if folks who have already done this encounter any drawbacks like stubbing their toes on the edges where the decorative toe kick comes down and meets the floor.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen cabinet toe kick area

Cleaning around them is the biggest drawback. Sometimes it comes down to Q-tips to get into those spaces. And that is ALWAYS where the cat's toys end up. If you don't do them as integral furniture pieces and instead attach them with velcro, that makes it easier to clean. But you won't 100% get the fine furniture look you pictured.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here