Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have Sienna Bordeaux granite?

Posted by Melissa-Kitchen (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 10:16

I think that we have finally decided on the sienna bordeaux granite. I am waiting for our granite guy to email me photos from 3 separate distributors so I can choose one that I like.

Does anyone have this granite? What do you love and hate about it?

I'll post the three choices when I get them so I can get everyone's input on which slab to choose. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Since he is special ordering a granite that he doesn't normally carry, I think that I have to commit to the slab that he brings in for me. I have seen Sienna Bordeaux at two other granite places (multiple slabs and one installed on an island.) I liked all but one of the slabs, which seemed very, very gray.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have Sienna Bordeaux granite?

Melissa, I have sienna bordeaux granite in my kitchen. I don't have any photos to show you. It's on my island and countertops. I have cream colored cabinets and hardwood floors. I have seen it displayed at our local parade of homes and some slabs can be more gray than others. I do have some gray, but it's mostly cream, browns and blacks.

What I love about it is that is has alot of movement. Some people like more of a subtle consistent look, but I wanted the more exotic with alot of veining thru it. I've had it for 4-5 years. There's nothing I don't like about it.

I have heard that some decorators think granite will be dated in a few years and when you look at HGTV it seems they do mostly a quartz or a contrete. But then I think what they do is not what most people really like (my opinion of course).

If you're a clean-freak - which I'm not - you might be bothered by the fact it's hard to see if there's food or crumbs that didn't get cleaned up. That's a plus for me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here