Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
degcds

Kitchen Layout- Design pictures opinions?

degcds
11 years ago

Hello all!

We are in the process of designing our new kitchen for our new home that we are breaking ground on next month. We know the kitchen is really important to us and also resale value- Although we plan on this being our forever home. We decided on Shiloh Cabinets with the inset doors. Our plan calls for a Hidden pantry door which we love. Does anybody have any opinions of our kitchen lay out? Things you would do differently? Would you place the appliances were we currently have them? We are not sure about the upper Cabinets, I am 6ft 3in and I think I would be able to reach them but if not I am not sure we want to spend the extra money on them, although I feel like it really makes the kitchen look complete. We were originally going to do cofferred ceilings but we decided that the 9ft ceilings and coffer would make the room feel small and dark. We are going with White cabinets on the outer walls and the island will be a dark brown, and the floors are going to be fairly dark onsite finished hardwood floors. Also what would you use as your counter top? Right now we have a white granite picked out but I feel like we might have too much white? I really love the look of Marble but not the cost. Would you go with a gray counter top over white? I will attach some more pictures so you can see everything we have to work with as well. Thank you so much in advance for any ideas and opinions!

Comments (6)