Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cookin45

Sneak Peek of Almost Finished Kitchen!

cookin45
15 years ago

So I thought I'd try my photo posting skills with a couple of pictures of our nearly finished kitchen! We are so close! The hood and dishwasher are going in as I type! The first picture is of our new "pantry" - we tried to make it look like a dining hutch and the second picture is from a few weeks ago before the backsplash was installed. Please excuse the mess and the paper covering the floors!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (21)

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

You leave me wanting more! It looks great. I think your pantry is really neat. Post more when you get the hood in!

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

We did a pantry that looks like a dining hutch as well. I love yours! Thanks for the sneak peak of a beautiful kitchen. What is your countertop?

• jerseyshoremama
    15 years ago

I love it! That is almost the exact look we are going for...what is the hardware? black? dark grey? what are your countertops?

• morton5
    15 years ago

It's so pretty, no wonder you had to share. Looks like it will be complete for Thanksgiving. Keep the photos coming!

• tearose21
    15 years ago

Looks great! What is your cabinet color? Is it white white or a little creamy?

• cookin45
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for the kind words! The counters are soapstone (black venata) from Joshua and Mimi - love them! the counters and Josh and Mimi too! The hardware is oil rubbed bronze, which to me looks like a matte black, from Restoration Hardware - the Gilmore line.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Wonderful! Like others, I can't wait to see more. You must be SO excited.

• moegaff
    15 years ago

Is your pantry a regular depth or shallower than reg. cabinets? I'm wondering because I'm planning to put a pantry and it has to be shallow and I just love the look of yours---it's beautiful!

• plants4
    15 years ago

Beautiful! More pictures please!

• alice462
    15 years ago

Beautiful -- what a wonderful outcome! Can't wait to see more!

• lyno
    15 years ago

Very very pretty! Very creative pantry, too! Like everyone else, I'm anxious for more pictures!

• remodelqueen
    15 years ago

I LOVE your pantry! We are doing something very similar, it's so nice to see something completed- very helpful!!!

• cookin45
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am SO excited! The hood and dw are in, now all we have left are to hang some ceiling fixtures and we will be done! Yippee!!

The cabinets are "artic white" by Decor. They aren't a white white but also aren't super creamy, if that makes any sense! They are very close to the SW paint color "dover white" which I used on the walls.

The pantry is 20 inches in depth with roll-out shelves on one side and fixed on the other, best of both worlds I figured! The glass and cubbies part however is only 12 inches in depth, which I like, gives a little different look.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments, they really warm my heart! I'm thrilled with the way everything turned out considering we have a relatively small space and we weren't able to change our kitchen footprint at all. I couldn't have done it without this site and all the wonderful people who are so willing to help, offer advice and share their opinions. Thanks again. I'll be posting more pictures soon once I get those lights up!

• lovetocook9
    15 years ago

Just beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more!

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful kitchen! You have to be so excited. So are you cooking Thanksgiving dinner and get to give it a "breaking in" party?

• cookin45
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sadly, no we won't be able to break it in for Thanksgiving. We tragically lost our nephew to Tropical Storm Fay in August (just after we started our kitchen project) so we will be going to my sister-in-law's to be with them but we have big plans for the Christmas ham.

Here are more pictures of our finished kitchen but first I have to show off our new floors, we put them throughout the house and couldn't be happier with them.

{{!gwi}}

Here are the hood and backsplash

{{!gwi}}

My space is on the smaller side so I went without uppers around the hood and range hoping for a more open feel.

{{!gwi}}

And the new pantry (again!)

{{!gwi}}

Thanks again for everyone's help!

• malhgold
    15 years ago

Love the range area! Would you be able to tell me where you got your stainless shelves. They're exactly what I'm looking for.

• janefan
    15 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Love the unique touches, like the stainless shelves above the range. I'm so green with envy for your floors and I might as well add that pantry space to my envy list, too, cause I LOVE it!

Also wanted to add that I'm sorry for your loss and hope your presence at Thanksgiving will at the very least provide some comfort.

• cookin45
    Original Author
    15 years ago

malhgold, I'm so glad you like the shelves as they were something I had to be talked into. I was afraid they'd be too modern in my traditional space but now that they're in, I love them. They were fabricated locally by a stainless steel guy that my cabinet guy knew of. Maybe where you are you could find someone similar and tell them what you are looking for?

janefan, thanks for your kind words, it means a lot.

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

So sorry for your loss...

Your kitchen came out wonderful! Congratulations on a great job!

What are your tiles in the range area? It looks really nice.
    vic

• cookin45
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you vicnsb.

They are 2 x 8 cararra marble subway tiles by Walker Zanger. I love them!