Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet brands and wildly varying prices

Posted by zaphod42 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 9:53

What are good faucet brands? Are more expensive faucets that much better? I'm looking at the professional style pull-downs. There's an Essen that I like the look of for under $200 on one end and a Blanco for 480.00 on the other with a bunch in between. Also looking at an American Standard and Danze. Any brands better than others? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet brands and wildly varying prices

Stay away from no name Chinese. For a pre-rinse faucet, to get a decent quality, you're looking at around 1K. Sometimes you can find a name brand like the Blanco you've found on clearance, or open box return, but stay away from the cheapos. I personally prefer the heft of something like the Kohler or the Blanco or KWC.

o

I just bought the Delta Leland for $198. I like the looks of it and didn't want to spend $500 on a faucet. Am interested in the responses you get...
(Mine's still in the box so I can return if needed.)

o

There are good faucets at every price point. It's amazing how few complaints there are.

As a rule of thumb, the more metal in a faucet the higher the quality. That goes for everything from internal parts to the finish. So a high-end faucet like an mgs progetti, f.ex. is all stainless steel; a Barber Wilsons or Samuel Heath, Dornbracht are mainly brass and have integral/living vs coated finishes.

Coated finishes today are excellent and it's difficult to distinguish between the two.

Value is getting a faucet with a lot of brass for an excellent price.

Liked brands here are Delta, Moen, Kohler, Grohe, Brizo, Waterson and Hansgrohe. Prices on any style can vary. On the higher end Rohl and KWC are well liked.

A lot depends on the style faucet that suits the sink. Some basic information is on the link. Additionally here is info on why kitchen faucets splash.

Historically there have been threads here on the most popular faucets -- the last one is a few years old.

Here is a link that might be useful: Making Sense of Kitchen Faucets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here