Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tin ceiling tiles as backsplash for range

Posted by crl_ (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 9:47

We are replacing an ancient electric range with oven in top in our 1920s original kitchen. I need to figure out what to do for the backsplash and am considering tin ceiling tiles.

The kitchen is painted off white and the cabinets are white. The range is most likely going to be stainless, so I guess I will do a stainless hood as well.

I thought maybe the silver washed white tiles? Thinking they would tie together the white and stainless materials and the old cabinets and new range? They are a bit pricey, but I only need four and should be able to DIY the installation.

Anyone done this? Have thoughts? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tin ceiling tiles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tin ceiling tiles as backsplash for range

I watched an episode of property brothers and they use tin tiles as the backsplash and it looked fantastic. I will try to find the episode.

o

I think it would look great. I think you should be careful to choose a pattern with low relief for relatively easy cleaning.

They sell cheapo faux pressed tin panels (made of plastic) at Home Depot. You could put them up and see how you like them...

o

Thank you! I was thinking the more elaborate patterns would show off the silvered white finish better, but good point about cleaning. I ordered a sample pack of ten different silvers.

o

What a great idea. This is the first backsplash idea that has called to me. Even without a picture, I can picture it in my mind. Go for it! And then post pics :)

o

If you want some visuals, check out Houzz.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz tin ceiling tile pics

o

I was looking at tin tiles too. You can order a variety of samples from American Tin Ceilings. They arrived in just a few days and are a great way to see different styles and colors in your kitchen.

o

Glad your samples came quickly. Mine are on order. Have you decided on a backsplash?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here