Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Good size for kitchen with booth area also?

nostalgicfarm
10 years ago

I have been looking at floor plans for months now! Some of these kitchens just seem like they would be really tight...I guess if you aren't ever cooking it doesn't matter. I have come to the conclusion that I probably want a separate dining room and a booth in the kitchen for more casual eating (breakfast/lunch). I don't like kitchen/dining/living completely open to each other, although I don't mind archways or columns so you can still see into the living room from the kitchen. Currently I have a nice large island and would like to keep that, still undecided on barstools...3 young kids, but a booth/nook area would kind of replace that, right?
I'm trying to take advantage of views from the Northeast corner of the home, so placing living/kitchen/eating area along the north and northeast part of home...I've about given up finding a floorplan that makes me want to go pour a foundation!
I do plan on having a Large pantry/6 * 12 or 7*12 right off the kitchen as I buy in bulk and plan to do a lot of canning, so that will be my primary food storage. What size kitchen have you found to be ideal? Really having a hard time finding just a prefect kitchen that's not too open to the living room, and having a hard time visualizing how to make a booth fit in and not be really weird?
Thanks!

Comments (3)