Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctbert

Where can I get good quality, reasonably priced cabinet pulls?

ctbert
9 years ago

We are literally out of cash at this point . (That's what happens when you quit your job and open your own business during a home renovation). So I am looking for basic, good quality. Any recommended brands/places to buy?
Thanks

Comments (18)

• northcarolina
    9 years ago

Contractor packs from Lowe's or Home Depot (in stock in the stores)
    Ikea
    Target
    Habitat ReStore (depends on what's been donated; sometimes they have new ones)
    Ebay

You don't have to have the final perfect pulls; you can replace them later (it's easiest to use knobs in this case so you don't have to match the hole spacing later). But if you get temporary pulls, make sure they are really inexpensive so you aren't wasting much money.

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

I got mine here - the style I got came in 10-packs.

I've had them for a year, and am satisfied with the quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knob Depot

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

I used Top Knobs. They are good quality and have a wide range of styles and prices. Lots of places carry them online, but I found better prices when I went to a local supplier. Some really inexpensive knobs and pulls have a very cheap, lightweight feel to them. These feel solid.

• GauchoGordo1993
    9 years ago

Ikea

• GreenDesigns
    9 years ago

You can get Amerock just about anywhere. Even WalMart. Lots of places sell for full suggested retail, but you can usually find them for at least 30% off of that if you try a local design shop that carries them.

One thing about pulls is that they come in dozens of different sizes. If you decide to do the inexpensive now, and more expensive later, then decide on the size placement of the holes now. 4" would probably be the widest available size that you could get the most choice available in later.

• eam44
    9 years ago

Everywhere. The trick is finding the ones you like at a decent price. Browse for a style first (cup pulls, bar pulls, etc...) then search for something similar/affordable. Use masking tape for a while. It's not a big deal really.

By the way, I'm starting a business too, trying to spend as little as possible on the kitchen because I have nothing coming in. It's stressful, but don't choose the wrong hardware just because it's affordable or just to be done. As the Greeks say, now that you've eaten the donkey, don't leave the tail.

Knobsforless can be a good spot to look once you know what you're looking for.

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

We did well with coolknobsandpulls.com store brand. They weren't much more than IKEA, but I thought the finish was of much higher quality.

• fourhappy
    9 years ago

i bought some on overstock for a cheap kitchen refacing project I did a year ago and have been really happy with them. they have a nice selection.

• lucybcstx
    9 years ago

Check Amazon.

Don't know how many you need . . .

I bought two 25-packs of Amerock Allison in Satin Nickel for just over $50. There are 10-packs available too. Higher cost per knob for the smaller pack.

Quality was just fine. Same knob as Lowe's had for $3.00 apiece. Shipping was fast.

Edited to add: OP is seeking pulls, not knobs, but knobs might be a budget-friendly alternative.

This post was edited by lucy-bcs-texas on Thu, Nov 20, 14 at 11:13

• ardcp
    9 years ago

these pulls were provided by my kitchen place as a perk for my order. i love them and they can be bought on amazon. they are not expensive but have a nice feel.
    they are the satin nickel but there are other metals as well.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

Hafele is another good brand; I am really happy with my 5" brushed nickel pulls at $2.50 each. They offer many less expensive options also. I got mine at knobs-n-pulls but there are many sellers that had them at the same price + free shipping.

Decide on the look you want then go internet browsing.

• sheloveslayouts
    9 years ago

Being out of cash and needing knobs made me think of a blogger who made 33 "knobs" out of pine wood dowel for 7 bucks...

Here is a link that might be useful: Manhattan Nest Kitchen

• caseykees
    9 years ago

I also bought the Amerock Allison knobs but in ORB and then Amerock Kane pulls from Amazon. And I just bought same style in Satin Nickel from build.com for my lower cabs. I received those in 2 days.

• threegraces
    9 years ago

We got ours on clearance at the site below. Ours are Stone Mill and it looks like they still have them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Your Home Supply

• gyr_falcon
    9 years ago

Or you could try to connect with remodelers. In areas where they remodel perfectly fine kitchens to embrace the owner's version of a dream room, or simply the switching out of hardware due to finish changes, the old stuff is still in great condition.

I know we bought some temporary value-pack pulls to replace the hideous knobs in the kitchen when we purchased the house. Now I am staining the cabinets and changing the pulls to ones with a different finish. So there will be a box of pulls that are only a few years old sitting in a box in the garage, or waiting for a garage sale. I cannot be the only one.

• GauchoGordo1993
    9 years ago

Consider ergonomics. My hands hurt just looking at some of the examples above.

• gmp3
    9 years ago

Ebay has some nice ones.