Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to purchase pullouts for cabinets?

Posted by deborahc (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 9:34

The 1930 kitchen that will be my winter project has quite a few really deep shelves on the pantry wall. I had thought of buying some wire pullouts for these so they would actually be useful. It's hard to fine something when it's buried in the back of a deep cabinet.

I looked at the container store, but they seem pretty limited in sizes. Anyone have recommendations on where to buy these?

I may even get a few for my cabinets. I'm tired of things falling out when I want a bowl or pan in the back!

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to purchase pullouts for cabinets?

Because pictures are fun- here is the wall of cabinets. They are about 29" deep. The cabinet to the left of the fridge has 3 shelves, the one to the right has no shelves. Maybe it's a broom closet? It's too short for most brooms and mops though. I was thinking a rolling shelf in that one.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

At best I'd say measure and buy some plastic baskets that fit at Target. It is not worth the money of retrofitting the interiors for a student's kitchen and will add little to nothing to the value of the house as a rental or resale.

o

will a number of young students be residing? will milk crates fit?turn them on their sides and stack them inside-each young person has an instant cubby for soupcans/granola bars/pop tarts/whatever-or stash their purse/keys/laptop/scarf/gloves/etc. Detroit burb has it correct with spinning your wheels about this n that storage customization which left to young college people will "do their own thing" the first week of school anyway.

o

Thanks gals! Great ideas. I'll keep my eyes open for some sales this season (or garage sales in spring)

o

I spent much of last weekend looking for rollout shelves to fit odd-sized cabinets. I looked at the Container Store and almost bought those but then I found some options for custom-sized rollout shelves, which seemed like the most efficient way to use our space.

We went with a company called Shelves that Slide, link below.

Costco also has something similar
http://www.costco.com/Made-to-Fit-Slide-out-Shelves-For-Existing-Cabinets-By-Slide-A-Shelf%09.product.11262818.html

Hope that's helpful!

Karin

Here is a link that might be useful: shelves that slide

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here