Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mays802

Pictures of My Completed Kitchen

mays802
9 years ago

Thank you to everyone who helped with my questions/concerns the past few weeks. You were all so helpful! Now I know why people always write "FINALLY" a kitchen reveal.

Comments (33)

• amykath
    9 years ago

That is lovely! I want to see more photos!!!

• mays802
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Medallion Cabinets - White Icing
    Cambria quartz counters - Edinburough (perimeter) and Torquay (island)
    Venatino Random Strip Marble Backsplash
    Maple flooring by Mercier

• anitamo
    9 years ago

It looks wonderful! Are you going to share a list of what your counters, sink, backsplash, etc. are? Especially love the cabinets with the dark countertops. You must be so relieved to have it done, and just in time for holiday cooking. Congratulations!

• mays802
    Original Author
    9 years ago

one more

• TB151
    9 years ago

Awesome work!!!! Love the layout which happens to be very similar to ours :-) Great work!

• practigal
    9 years ago

That is a really beautiful kitchen. I hope you enjoy it!

• vwhippiechick
    9 years ago

Really beautiful. Love the backsplash and dark counters. Well done!

• rbpdx
    9 years ago

Can u post sink picture as well. You have similar layout as ours! Also
    what's your pendant?

This post was edited by pdxkit on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 17:38

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Wow! Lovely! Love the counter choices.
    Your kitchen is similar in layout to mine but currently has a peninsula. May I ask how wide it is and how wide your aisles are?

• laughablemoments
    9 years ago

Beautifully done! : ) Could you please share your kitchen dimensions, that would be helpful in my planning.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Very pretty!

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

I love it! The counters are beautiful and your layout should be functional.
    More pictures please!
    Also more details on your kitchen please!
    Thanks

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

Beautiful choices! Your counter, black splash and counters work so well together.
    What did you use for your stove top and oven?

• bpath
    9 years ago

Very nice! I especially like the island: a just-right perch at the end for chatting with cook or two friends sharing a cup of coffee.

• mays802
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will get the kitchen dimensions very soon. Here is the oven and cooktop info I just happened to have handy. So far, I love them both.
    GE 30 in. Single Electric Wall Oven Self-Cleaning with Steam in Stainless Steel-JT3000SFSS
    GE 30 in. Ceramic Glass Electric Cooktop in Black with 4 Elements including PowerBoil-JP336DDBB

GE 1.6 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven in Stainles...
    Your GE 1.6 cu. ft. Over the Range Microwave Oven in Black has convenient cooking controls to make operating quick and easy. The Express Cook feature allows you, wi...
    View on www.homedepot.com
    Preview by Yahoo

• ReBe231
    9 years ago

I love your new kitchen. Great choices. I especially love your backsplash.

• nmjen
    9 years ago

So pretty! What a nice space! Congratulations on a lovely kitchen!

• iamerikandersson
    9 years ago

Really love your kitchen!! I want to renovate my kitchen, for that these photos are helpful for me. Great work..Hope you are enjoying it.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

Everything looks great together! Love when I sign on and there is a reveal. Your post will be the highlight of my day! lol

Enjoy, and again, very well pulled together look.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

It looks great!

• eam44
    9 years ago

I love reveals!! They give me such hope. And your kitchen layout is so similar to mine. It's wonderful to see what you've been able to do in your space. Do you have a before image? How long did it take you? Do you have a favorite thing in your new space? Enjoy it in the best of health!

• nancyjwb
    9 years ago

Pretty, pretty! Do you have any before photos? I love to compare. It gives me hope for my kitchen!

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Truly gorgeous!

• mays802
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for the kind words! I am loving the kitchen and enjoying cooking again for my family. For those in the middle of a reno, it is worth it! Here are some measurements...

The entire kitchen not including sliding glass doors = 130" X 160"

Island is 26" wide

I also included a pic of the sink. We asked that the window ledge behind the sink be quartz also to make clean up easier.

• mays802
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Also, re: the space b/w island and counters...

37" from sink to island

40.5" from stove to island

44" from fridge to island

I wanted more space walking into the kitchen to make it look more open. The other measurement, while close to being too tight, have worked out nicely. I can still open the dishwasher and move around it.

• crl_
    9 years ago

Beautiful! It's such a cohesive design. The backsplash is just perfect with the countertops and walk color. Thank you for sharing!

• funkycamper
    9 years ago

You have created a stunning kitchen! Seriously gorgeous. Happy to hear this makes cooking a joy for you. I hope I find the same when mine is done. :)

• laughablemoments
    9 years ago

Thank you for your measurements. That is very helpful. May you have many wonderful meals from your new kitchen. : )

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

nicely done! The backsplash, counter and faucet all look great together!

• rbpdx
    9 years ago

Thanks for the closeup of the sink! :)
    where do you get your pendants? Can you share some details?

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for the dimensions. Could you give us the length of the island?

Also, is there anything you would do differently?
    Finally, was your previous kitchen the same layout, or did you by chance hav ea peninsula? If yes, how does it compare?

• mays802
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I wanted inexpensive glass pendants b/c I get bored of one color and I like to mix it up. So...they sell mix and match pendants at Lowe's. We bought the wire base and several colors so we can switch them out when we choose. They are inexpensive compared to other glass lighting. The shades were around $15-20 I believe.

I did not have a peninsula. It was just open for a long time with a counter-height table in the middle for a while. I tried moving it into the peninsula position but found I was running around it all the time when bringing things over to the table. I will get the other measurements soon!

• missymoo12
    9 years ago

Great Kitchen! I love your backsplash and I'm not a big lover of BS's but yours looks so good in your kitchen.
    Great that is all finished in time for the holidays. Enjoy!