Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jse107_gw

Kitchen flooring help needed!

jse107
11 years ago

Hi! I've been lurking here for quite some time reading everyone's posts. This is my first time posting my own question.

I need help.

We're completely remodeling our kitchen. Full tear-out, wall removal, new everything. We've chosen our cabinets (Crystal's Keyline French Country Square Panel in Nutmeg), our granite (Typhoon Bordeaux), backsplash (all tile), but cannot decide on flooring! We have oak hardwoods in the dining room and living room. They have large remnants on them to protect them from the 80 lb yellow lab we have. Our family room is carpeted, but has finished hardwoods underneath. Whatever flooring we choose for the kitchen will also be used in our powder room and front hallway.

I can't decide what to do. Tile would probably look best, but it's so hard and I cook a lot. The other thread on flooring indicated it's also hard to keep clean. Hardwoods are all the rage right now, but I'm worried that it will be "too much wood" and that it won't wear well. We've looked at the Duraceramic tiles, but I just can't fall in love with them. Truthfully, I like the idea of a high quality laminate or vinyl plank, but they're not going to match the wood flooring we have in the other rooms and I worry that it will be a "too much wood" thing again.

I want something that will wear well with two kids and a large dog AND will look good with the cabinets and granite.

Help me. Please. You're my only hope!

Comment (1)