Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch wall oven next to KA fridge?

Posted by aimskitchen (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 9:07

I've been planning to buy a certain 33" KA fridge because it works best for our space configuration, and 6" away in the galley, I've planned Bosch 500 double wall ovens. (Cabinetry is ordered so that won't change.) An appliance person told me yesterday that these two won't look good together. I'd ruled out KA ovens due to things I've read about them, and the only other fridge I've found for the space is a GE; not sure about GE ovens but haven't read overwhelmingly positive things about those, with the exception of the Profile.

So tell me, from a cosmetic perspective, would I be sorry having the KA fridge and Bosch ovens near each other? I know the consensus here is that things don't have to match, but with these so close, do I need to rethink this? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch wall oven next to KA fridge?

Have you seen the 2 of them together - do YOU think they look ok? That's all that really matters, not what some sales person thinks. And you're right - features over form. KA makes much better fridges than GE.

o

Bosch 500 ovens

o

Guessing on your KA fridge, but they all, save the pro line, have these handles.

o

IMHO, they look fine next to each other. I'd go for function of each appliance over matching them any day. Here's my built-in KA fride next to my Wolf L ovens. I think they look fine next to each other. I love, love both appliances. I couldn't imagine using KA ovens instead of my wonderful floor model Wolfs. Similarly, a built-in SZ, with handles resembling the ones on Wolf ovens, was far out of my budget. So I mixed the two brands and am happy I did.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I was so worried at one point that my appliances would not match: Samsung fridge, Kenmore Elite ovens and KA DW. Forgot about my worry when the kitchen was all put together and haven't thought about it once (until now). Not sure why I ever worried. :)

o

We have a KitchenAid SxS fridge, right next to Electrolux ovens. Due to our layout, we didn't have too many options. Both appliances work well for us and we think they look just fine! Good luck with your decision.

Meg

Electrolux Ovens/KA Fridge

o

We have Bosch ovens and a KA fridge. They are not next to each other, but they look fine together. It never occurred to me to match appliances.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here