Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QUICK: 3" or 4" Pulls

Posted by peridot44 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 8:55

I've selected my knobs and pulls. I ordered samples and like what I got.

However, I only ordered a 3" sample of the pull. Cabinet guy said this was a more regular size that can be easily changed later.

But, my old kitchen had 4" pulls. They felt fine and held a dish towel nicely.

I'm tempted to disregard the cabinet guy's advice and go with 4".

Any thoughts? I'm hoping to order today so they arrive for installation on the 29th/30th.

Here's the pull: http://www.atgstores.com/cabinet-pulls/top-knobs-m12-charlotte-pull_7382860.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QUICK: 3" or 4" Pulls

peridot44 - I went with 4". Yes 3" are more readily available but many manufacturers make 4" if you ever want to change out. 3" were too small for DH and even too small for me. Glad I did 4"!!

o

If you know you like 4", do 4". :)

o

I like the 4 inch better also. sometimes the 3 inch can just seem to small in appearance and and function.

o

I don't like 3". I can only fit a few fingers in the handle. 4" feels much more comfy. And, I agree with gardenamy -- there is no dearth of 4" handles on the market.

o

Pulls come in so many sizes these days. The days of standard 3" are gone. Like others have said, I also found 3" much too tiny to grab easily. Not very comfortable when I'm busy cooking.

o

I went with 5 and KD has suggested 3's - just too small! Some have even longer pulls.
I agree - I could barely get my pinky in the 3 inch pulls!

o

Basically, what everyone else has said: make sure the person with the biggest hands in your household can easily fit all their fingers into the pull.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here