Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmbdac123

Help with Kitchen Layout Please!

Kmbdac123
9 years ago

I have attached a photo of a general kitchen layout (with some of the rest of first floor plan) for any feedback. I have been lurking on this site and am impressed with the great ideas, comments that many have.

Unfortunately, I do not have many detailed measurements on this current plan but will provide the following background comments:
-We are a family of 3 eventually 4. We love to entertain with having family and friends over frequently and want our kitchen to be "open" and functional for this.
-The breakfast nook/sunroom as currently drawn is going to be changed. We have already discussed shrinking this awkward space to simply allow for a round breakfast table (sunroom/4 season room will be moved elsewhere).
-Current drawing does not have appliances labeled. The fridge and freezers are two 30" units over on the "left" wall by breakfast table. The main sink is on peninsula. There is a dishwasher next to it. (We may decide to put two dishwashers....?). We are leaning towards a range with 6 burners and 1 and 1/2 ovens under it. We would then have a stacked unit (oven and microwave) over on the left wall. Im actually not sure what the architect has drawn next to small vegetable sink on island...I do not see need for another appliance there.
-We love idea of having separate walk in pantry as well as Butlers pantry.
-I am interested in comments on peninsula especially. We envision this being a functional kitchen yet do plan to finish it on the higher-end. Are peninsulas dated? Will something else work for our space?

Thanks in advance for any comments/criticisms/etc!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES