Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP .. quick decision needed for granite

Posted by schnooks (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 8:43

just found a house that is in process of being flipped.. we get to get in on decisions on remodeling! Have to pick granite. It's a brick cape cod with living room open to kitchen with a pine wood sunroom off kitchen.. I think we may keep the natural wood and not paint it.. any suggestions on granite or cabinet colors? Cabinets will eventually be repainted.. they are an ugly grayish blonde color right now. I think floors will be on the darker wood side.
thanks

(what are some popular wall colors these days for open layout and making space stay bigger looking? Have used softer tan which was awesome in the past)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP .. quick decision needed for granite

I like lighter colored countetops. In my old house, I had Santa Cecilia. In the new house, I'm going to have something that the granite yard calls Ornamental White. It is quite similar to Kashmir White. I also looked at Venetian White and Venetian Ice. Both of the pieces I looked at were very light, but my friend installed Venetian Ice when she remodeled her kitchen and it is quite golden.

My walls for the living area are going to be BM Revere Pewter. I have seen it in a real house and I like it. I think it will fade into the background.

o

Congratulations on your new home! What type of cabinets, how old are they, and what type of condition are they in? Sometimes granite is not the best choice. Pictures help.

o

unfort. the seller/flipper lady already bought new cabinets.. they are flat .. no detail.. kind of a rounded edge to them.. they will be painted.. but I have no idea what color yet.

I just stopped at a couple Kitchen showrooms and a lady there suggested a grayish color cabinet with lighter countertop.

Going to warehouse tomorrow .. the seller had already picked out a granite.. she said we can change and if more $$ we pay diff.

I saw uba tuba sample today with gold in it that looked nice with cream color cabinets. I am leaning toward off white/cream color cabinets to keep the space looking larger.. and thinking it would look nice w/ the pine sun room attached.. which has slate tile floor

thanks for suggestions.. unfot. I don't have pics.. the whole house is under construction as we speak. Will try to get some pics today tho when we sign contract.

o

If you don't like the doors, is it too late to get them switched out? In some circumstances, you can get doors changed out instead of getting all new cabinets. I have a friend who just moved into her new house. She has off white cabinets and brushed uba tuba countertops. The brushed uba tuba looks very nice and quite different from polished uba tuba.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here