Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
X-post French Cleat mounting hdwr 4 insert vent?

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 8:11

Cross posted on appliances but thought I'd put it here, too, in case....

I've seen quite a few manufacturers of wood hoods mention a 'french cleat' hanging system which is a metal plate screwed to the wall with brackets that are attached to the metal plate. The insert is screwed to and hangs under the brackets. Then the wood decorative hood can be mounted over the whole thing.

Problem is I cannot locate a source for the french cleat system for the inserts. Anyone know of where I can find such a thing?

The link below is a PDF of the cleat system and hanging instructions, if this would help anyone help me find it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: X-post French Cleat mounting hdwr 4 insert vent?

I used a french cleat to hang my upholstered headboard.This blog shows you how to make your own:
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-make-upholstered-headboard.html
Or, you can buy a metal one on line. major brand is Hangman

Here is a link that might be useful: hangman

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here