Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hermajesty

Woo Hoo! Finished kitchen pics!!!

hermajesty
13 years ago

I'm another long time lurker. We started our remodel in August and I'm THRILLED to finally have a working kitchen again. Our kitchen was stuck in the 70's, so it was a total gut!

Some electrical yet to be finished. Over/under cabinet lighting will be installed this weekend, new woodwork has also been ordered. I'm working on backsplash ideas now, but couldn't wait to post some pics.

I can't thank EVERONE in this forum enough for your generous sharing of pictures and expertise. I've learned sooooo much. And there were many days when it was just reassuring to know OTHERS were going through the same MESS that we were.

A few details:

KraftMaid Marquette Maple cabinets Canvas with cocoa glaze

Bianco Antico granite - love, love, love it!

Marazzi glazed porcelain tile - Campione in Armstrong

Blanco Silgranit sink in Biscuit

Moen Vestige faucet in ORB

BM Cabot Trail walls

Comments (53)

• debrak_2008
    13 years ago

Your kitchen has a nice inviting look. Dramatic difference. Enjoy.

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was worried about that storage issue too. First I "pitched" LOTS of stuff that I hadn't seen or used for years. The pantry with slide out drawers & the two lazy susans more than make-up for those nasty over the island cabinets.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Another Bianco Antico!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Welcome to the Club!

Your kitchen is fabulous, but then again, you had me at "Bianco Antico".

Great job.

• mythreesonsnc
    13 years ago

That is an amazing trasformation! Your granite is gorgeous! Congrats!!!

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Testing......testing.......my responses are being rejected for some reason

• gbsim1
    13 years ago

Wowzer!!! What a change for the better. Very refreshing!

• countrydi
    13 years ago

Lovely, hermajesty (love the name!).
    Do tell ... what cabinet hardware is that? Brand, finish, source?

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

hermajesty, change the subject line of your follow-up, and then it will work.

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bee - YOUR kitchen is how I FOUND this forum after googling "Bianco Antico" shortly after ordering my slabs. After drooling over your gorgeous kitchen I was absolutely convinced I'd made the perfect choice!

Countrydi - I can't remember the brand/name of my ORB knobs and pulls, but I'll track it down and post for you.
    I love the simplicity of them.

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

LOVE IT! Love love love the stone.

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

• chocolatebunny
    13 years ago

Love the transformation! Great job!

• dfzmom
    13 years ago

Great job! Love everything especially the granite and your wall color really ties everything together.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Very pretty! I think your 2 level peninsula really works in your space. I love your color choices and glass as well.
    You had me at losing the "brick" and dw, but what you did afterward is special....

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was a nervous wreck the day that paint went up! But after my friends told me to quit being such a paint sissy, I went for it. I've got a lot of antique white in my house, so for me this was extreme, LOL. But I really, really love it. Entryway, half bath and back hallway were painted one shade lighter, BM Baha Dunes, and I love it too.

I would of loved to had a separate island, but in my space it just wouldn't work. The other side of the step-up bar is our breakfast room. As soon as I find my new table/chairs/stools & get it pulled together I'll post more pics. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants NEW EVERYTHING in my new space.

• bmorepanic
    13 years ago

Paint sissy?

Well done. That granite is spectacular combined with all of your other choices!

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ha Ha! It was actually worded a little stronger, I cleaned it up a bit for the viewing audience. :)

• igarvin
    13 years ago

well done! the window treatment is a lovely touch too

• homechef
    13 years ago

Is it me? I thought your copper dishwasher was a lovely match to your old cabinets:). Just kidding, I love your new kitchen. Everything came out so beautifully!

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

I am impressed with the distinction you have achieved in using the paint above the rock backsplash. I don't think you need anything more there, if the paint is washable. Excellent effect! I also like the brown touch on the cupboard doors. Wall to ceiling effect is also praiseworthy--really like the paint color there and the transition from cupboard top to wall to ceiling to lights. It sets off the white cupboards so that they have a presence they wouldn't have if they went to ceiling.

Looks like you have a great eye for color, texture, the "whole." Not a fan of white kitchens, but this is an inviting one. I can imagine working in here.

• oldhousegal
    13 years ago

Wow! Beautiful transformation. And I love the TV on the lazy susan during the remodel- what a great idea!

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

Beautiful!

• brenjun
    13 years ago

Love it!! I am deciding now about an island but I don't think it is going to work either so your pictures were very interesting for me.

• bigdoglover
    13 years ago

WOW, it's just gorgeous and yummy and creamy.

Did you get the Kraftmaid from Lowes by any chance? We're considering that, but I didn't see your color in the brochures.

What is the edge of the granite called? I love it and I love that you used it as the backsplash for the raised portion.

Just so beautiful, well done and thanks for sharing it with everyone.

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Congratulations! Your granite and hardware are wonderful.

• byronroad
    13 years ago

I am not a fan of glazed cabinets but the way you tied in the glaze, hardware, granite and paint is remarkable. I love the way it turned out. Congratulations and Enjoy!

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Another fan of the way the colors tie-in: granite, wall color, and hardware and the cabs of course. I'm a paint sissy, too (can we start a club? LOL). We used a color that looks somewhat similar to yours (BM Affinity/Aura paint in Pensive) in our guest bathroom, which started us on the road to color for some of the other rooms as well (still have and love my white, white walls in the larger spaces/rooms, too).

Great job and kudos to your DH!!!

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

hi hermajesty...

Wow, so many finished and posted kitchens today. I'm glad I'm home to see them..

Yours looks lovely! Big fan of BA too! And I really like the insides of your glass cabs...whatever you did there looks pretty.

KA:)

• annkathryn
    13 years ago

Just lovely! Everything ties together so well.

Your knobs and pulls look exactly like mine, which are also the same as another poster here. I used Jeffrey Alexander Milan. Sound right?

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeffrey Alexander Milan

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You guys great! Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments.

We didn't purchase our cabinets at Lowes. I worked with a small local kitchen design center. Which was great, but I can't seem to get anyone to take my money. Seriously! I've yet to pay one dime on this kitchen. No contracts signed, no down payments, just order away and install. The joys of working with a small town firm I guess. I'm sure I'll be getting a bill soon.

My KD is a doll and we had so much fun plotting and planning this. Cabinets arrived exactly when Kraftmaid said they would - everything was there, no problems or issues so that was great.

We did all the tear out. Hubby is an electrician so he's handling all of that. We also did the small powder room off the kitchen with same vanity finish and BA granite and ORB Moen faucet. Tile floor and cabinets were installed by professionals. We could of done it but would have taken us much longer.

My project started with the Bianco Antico. We both fell in love with it. I'm old enough to FINALLY know what I like and noticed that I seem to drool over all the creamy, frenchy kitchens online and in magazines. I know many have done white/white cabinets with BA, but my slabs seem more creamy to me. I also love that granite with the deep chocolate and peppercorn finishes too. Since my main goal was to BRIGHTEN up my dark kitchen, creamy & glazed it was for me. I think Kraftmaid regularly changes the names of their finishes, so if they don't still have canvas with cocoa glaze, they probably have given it a new name.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

I forgot that when we started our journey down the kitchen reno path...I always had a photo from Kraftmaid of this same look when doing our granite shopping. I wasn't buying all new cabinets and the thought of doing the glazing myself was overwhelming...none of my samples turned out to my satisfaction, thus we have just off white cabinets.

So this is how my kitchen would have looked if I had the skills needed...very nice.

• michiganrachel
    13 years ago

Wow! Your kitchen is beautiful. I love the combination of everything - creamy cabinets, BA counters, and your hardware. I, too fell in love with bianco antico and am still waiting for it to be installed (were doing a whoke house remodel + addition. My cabinets should be installed in 2 week and soon after that the counters!).

I, too, wiukd love to know the name of your hardware. While I want a different finish, I love the shape.

Congratulations again on your. Kitchen! Enjoy!

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Annkathryn = YES! I think those ARE the same knobs and pulls!!

Bigdoglover - forgot to say that we went with an "eased edge" on the granite. I think it makes the granite look more substantial and goes well with the squared edges of our cabinets.

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ah, your kitchen is PERFECT just as it is!!!
    Your cabinets look fantastic.

I also planned on keeping my old cabinets and painting them. But my husband pushed and pushed to convince me to go pick out new. How funny is that. I finally caved. I've thanked him many times since. And if I had just painted, I'd still be stuck with those cabinets over the pininsula! So glad that's gone.

• ptyles
    13 years ago

I love the granite and it goes so well with your cabinets. Great choices!

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

Very pretty, you did a great job.

• cardamon
    13 years ago

You have some really pretty slabs of granite there. I love white cabinets and light granite, so calm looking. Great job.

• Britt
    13 years ago

So beautiful! I also noticed what a great compliment your cabinet class is to your granite - very similar pattern. My granite goes in next week, I hopy my kitchen turns out half as beautiful as yours.

• sammiecanada
    13 years ago

Wow...it looks wonderful...great job...and no, you aren't the only one that wants all new everything in your new space! I think it's a perfectly normal response-tell that to your better half!!!

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

For those of you still in the planning stages, I thought I should mention how awesome my new dishwasher is. It's a KitchenAid Stainless Steel Superba EQ. Not only do my dishes come out spotless, but it's WHISPER quiet. I seriously had to put my ear on the door because I wasn't sure it was working. I spent more on it than I had originally budgeted, but it was so worth it. I did my homework prior to purchasing and this model receives rave reviews. Now I know why. Highly recommend.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Let me add my "well done" to the chorus!

You did such a fantastic job and completely changed the look of your kitchen!

I just love the creamy cabs, the glass doors, the ORB hardware, and that delectable Bianco Antico. *droooool*

Great, great job!

• peytonroad
    13 years ago

Why this is like good triumping evil- going from the dark to the light! It is really nice, I can only imagine how nice of a morning it must be to see the breath of fresh air with the colors here. Very nice.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I came back to drool over your Bianco Antico! Your kitchen as a whole is just beautiful. But the BA is what makes my heart flutter. And your slabs are particularly gorgeous. Lately, the ones I've been seeing have too many chunks of color instead of those lovely swirls. I thought I might be able to go with a more subtle green granite (it was also cheaper), but seeing your kitchen makes me want to stick with BA! Thanks for the re-inspiration!

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Awwwwwwww thanks Breezygirl!

My KD couldn't find any BA locally. She e-mailed me pics of slabs from 2 different locations several hours away.

I love those big creamy swirls too. And the big taupey chunks.....the sparkly mother-of-pearl looking pieces.....the cinnamony sprinkles here and there and the bits of black.

I did choke (briefly) when I was quoted the price. But since I lived with my old formica for 24 years, I figured I could splurge and get what I truly loved. Hold out for what you LOVE if you can swing it. You won't regret it.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I found some BA slabs with those great swirls at the expensive granite place. I didn't want to spend $8K on granite, but I keep coming back to BA over and over and over. I'm going to see if I can cut back a bit somewhere else. We're doing much more work than just the kitchen so it might be tough. Or I can do without a backsplash until after the project is done when we can save up some more $. I can't believe you picked those without seeing them in person! Good job!

Countertops make such a statement in a kitchen that I don't want to not LOVE it!

• hermajesty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh I agree!

I did get so see my slabs in person before committing to them. My KD handled the details - had them shipped here, took about a week. She told me if I didn't like them in person it wasn't a problem. Of course I loved them. I took several cabinet doors with me and made my final selections.

I made sure to be home the day my BA was installed. I was so excited, I felt like a kid at Christmas! I want that for YOU too Breezygirl!

• judydel
    13 years ago

What a transformation! I love the colors . . . everything blends so well together and feels so serene. Enjoy!

• drjoann
    13 years ago

Perfect job of pulling together the colors of the paint, glaze & hardware to make that gorgeous granite SING!

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Beautiful transformation! All the colors work so well together! You've created a wonderful, warm space. I love your BA, cabs, glass in the cab, and your wonderful frig wall with all that storage! I bet getting up in the morning and going into your beautiful kitchen puts a smile on your face now!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Thanks hermajesty. I want that for me, too!

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County