Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

KAW-Boeuf Bourguignon in Pressure Cooker

oldbat2be
10 years ago

While figuring out the menu for Thanksgiving, I came across this recipe which I'd been meaning to try. It took a few hours but the final product was fabulous, with an incredibly silky, rich sauce.

I love my pressure cooker and was very grateful for a powerful hood. I ran the baffles through the DW - they definitely needed the cleaning after this recipe.

Comments (11)

• trailrunner
    10 years ago

Oh my....talk about YUM !! where did you get the beef bones ? What kind ? That is always a problem for me around here. Did you have them cracked or anything. Looks incredible...and the leftovers will be even better ! c

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

I don't eat beef, but that does look scrumptious! :)

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

That looks so good! I can't wait until I can show a KAW. I'm so jealous of all of you cooking in your beautiful new kitchens.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

OldBat - you did it again and I am salivating even though I just finished dinner and dessert!

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Heading to the kitchen to heat up some leftovers. You literally turned on my "i'm hungry" button!

• flwrs_n_co
    10 years ago

Oh my, that looks amazing! I'd love to try making that over the holidays, but the beef stock recipe is cut off. Could you please take a pic of that and post it? I think it would help make up for not cooking much for the last 3 months (since I've been working my latest consulting job). TIA!

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

I want to lick my monitor that looks so good. I can practically taste it now. That recipe looks very similar to one I have so I know just how good that must taste. I opted to just use canned beef stock versus make my own.

If this is your lead in to Thanksgiving your family is in for a really treat. Can wait to have my kitchen back again to do the same!

• pentimento
    10 years ago

Wow, oldbat2be, everything looks so delicious! I had clipped that set of recipes from the Wall Street Journal and tucked them in my recipe box but hadn't made them yet. I definitely have to try them now; thank you for the inspiration.

I've included the link to the article in case anyone wants to see a different view of the recipes. Though I like the charm of the newspaper pics you shared.

Love your kitchen; you did such a good job. Glad to see you're enjoying cooking in it.

Here is a link that might be useful: recipes

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the link pentimento!

mgoblue85 - Thanks! The nice thing about the stock is that I have around 4 cups left over.

flwrs_n_co - be sure to report back and let us know how yours turned out.

motherof3sons - I miss seeing your gorgeous kitchen, need some KAW pictures from you:)

a2 - Ha! I made the mistake of posting in the morning and didn't really think it looked that appetizing (as compared, say, to a nice warm coffee cake).

ck_squared - Look forward to seeing your new kitchen, but really - a KAW is just that - it's mostly about what you're cooking and for whom. (It does make it more fun with a new backdrop but don't let that stop you from posting with the old or temporary one!).

cat_mom - thanks, quite a compliment!

trailrunner - I just picked up beef bones in the grocery aisle, no special kind. Perhaps you could order them from your butcher? I did not get them cracked but now that you mention it, there was a fair amount of marrow left on them after their stint in the pressure cooker. (I let them cool down and gave a couple to my dog, who was thrilled).

Definitely a recipe worth repeating. A caveat - beef needs to be in LARGE 2"x2" (or more) pieces otherwise you overcook it when you brown it. Err on the larger side to be safe. Make sure your pressure cooker can take the 5 quarts of water for the stock. I had an 8 quart and was ok but might reduce the water to 4 quarts next time for an even richer broth.

• deedles
    10 years ago

Okay. This is one of my favorite things to eat. That looks so wonderful and perfectly done.

Which brand of pressure cooker do you have? I have a Fagor and like it except... I have to guess if it's the right pressure since no gauge. Makes me a bit nervous so I don't use it as much as I'd like.

(Probably a hold-over from childhood and my Mother yelling "DON'T COME IN HERE, I'M USING THE PRESSURE COOKER, YOU COULD ALL BE KILLED IF THIS EXPLODES!" Whoa. And all that for a gross old cow tongue with raisins. :>P)

• scootermom
    10 years ago

I'm not usually a beef person, but that looks SO scrumptious. Those onions are gorgeous. It's cold and rainy here and that looks like just the thing for lunch!

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz