Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimskitchen_gw

Bosch double wall oven - shuts off when door opens?

aimskitchen
11 years ago

I posted this on the appliance forum, but am posting it here as well, since several on this board chimed in about their Bosch ovens. I'm down to two double wall oven choices: The GE Cafe or the Bosch 300 series. I thought I was set to go with the Bosch, but read this morning that if you open the door to check something, the oven stops working, and you have to push start again. I can see this being a disaster in my house, if it's true, as we have multiple cooks here who like to get involved - and I don't think I want to have to restart the oven each time I check things or stir my roasting vegetables.

Can anyone speak to whether this is true? If it is, I think I'll have to go with the Cafe. Input appreciated, I have to decide pronto!

Comments (15)

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    11 years ago

I've got a 500, but I imagine it's the same: the convection fan stops turning when you open the door, to avoid you being blasted with heat. Once you close the door it automatically comes back on.

They recommend you turn the light on to check your cooking, if having the fan go off for that time is a problem (say, with a souffle, but you wouldn't open the oven for that anyway!)

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

Same as sara: The convection fan will turn off automatically but turn back on automatically when you close the door. No need to restart.

• aimskitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, that's good to hear and was confirmed by the appliance store today. We're good to go!

• lascatx
    11 years ago

My Wolf oven does the same thing -- avoids blowing more heat out of the oven when the door is open. It's actually a good thing.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Ditto!
    Go snag that oven :-)

• aimskitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You guys put my mind at rest, we're going with the 500. So excited for all this to finally happen after months of researching and planning - everything but the countertop is ordered, phew!

• Jo Garrison
    4 years ago

Mine shuts off eve when it is not on CONVECTION bake...when it is on regular bake. Why?

• mmburt
    3 years ago

We are having the same issue on our Bosch range, and they've replace the front control panel 3 times now and it's still malfunctioning. Open the door, and it then displays 350 convection oven push start. Once we got a "call this 1-800 number" message and the unit went completely dead. They claim there's no bulletins or widespread issues. We continue to wait for a fix for this just out of warranty range.

• HU-720458122
    3 years ago

My dual fuel does exactly the same thing. The repairman is scheduled for the third time since June!

• Ron
    last year

Ours does the same thing when using the regular oven and asks to us convection then shuts off. Anybody resolve this problem?

• wmmst10
    7 months ago

We have a brand new series 800 dual fuel with this problem. Bosch has already replaced the touchpad once, and the problem returned immediately. Has this been resolved for anyone? Or did you have to get an entirely new oven?

• HU-544031413
    3 months ago

We have a new 800 series used it twice and both times shut off when door opened and E011 error code

Bosch technician came after first issue and opened control panel said wire pinched and this could be problem technician turned on stove with nothing in it and did not see problem.

We put a pot of boiling water in stove to simmulate brasing and door opening shut down stove

Have asked Bosch to replace and running into resistance

will see if company stands behind products

• D W
    2 months ago

I think I found out what has been causing the problems with my Bosch Benchmark dual fuel range Model # HDIP056U/06. Sometimes when the oven door is opened to either check on the food or remove the food, there is a considerable amount of steam rising out of the oven. This steam hits the front display panel and condenses on the surface of the display. For some UNKNOWN reason this stops the current mode the oven is in and goes to a default mode requiring an input on the panel. The display blinks for 10 seconds waiting for an input temperature and a "PRESS ENTER" input. While the panel has the condensed steam on the surface, the panel will not accept any inputs. After 10 seconds with no input on the screen it times out and shuts the oven off. Once the condensation on the panel evaporates, the panel works like it should and inputs are accepted. Video made and uploaded to You Tube 1/8/24: https://youtu.be/7BMtU5ZEv9Q

I've had 4 service calls and replaced 3 parts, and it has the same problem it has had since new in July 2023.

• wmmst10
    2 months ago

We had this problem and sent it back. Getting a Thor instead.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH