Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harrietanne

Ideas Welcome/ needed :) due to adaptation work being done

HarrietAnne
11 years ago

HI this is my first message so hope it comes across well,

I am having a downstairs toilet removed to make a bigger kitchen,as well as an archway from the kitchen to the living room to enable me to watch my disabled son whilst cooking,

My housing are going to be putting in a new bulk standard white kitchen which is thankfully not to bad, I am going to be personalizing it and trying to make it as much 1930s style as possible,

So far I have got some nice fabric to do some curtains to cover the washing machine, dryer, fridge & freezer,

I am hoping to get some nice reclaimed or retro handles,(ideas of best places to look would be amazing)

As the fabric and the clock are going to be the main starters as I have both of them & then have quite a large amount of Blue in them I am thinking of doing the kitchen in Yellow, what do you think of Blues & yellows?

As you will be able to see the living room from the kitchen although not open plan as such the arch way is open with out door and about the size of a door & a half I was thinking of doing the opposite in the living room so Yellow fabrics and duck egg blue walls,

What do you think of this idea?

I have put a bid on a blanket box for the living room and some nice style 30s retro chairs fingers crossed,

and have started sanding down all the woodwork in the room,

Everything that is fabric in the room has to be washable, so am looking for family friendly ideas for the room, as so far Ive only got the blanket box, & chair ideas, the table is already waiting to be sanded and stained,

Should I stain all the wood the same colour and what stain do you think would go with yellow & duck egg blues,

All ideas welcome, The fabric I have is the same as the chairs so would be amazing if I win this bid

Comments (4)