Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with my backsplash

Posted by potty (potty@optonline.net) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 6:30

Any ideas for a tile back splash to go with Wild Sea granite counters, White cabinets and dark wood floors? Was thinking plain small white subway tiles but it may be too much white.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with my backsplash

Post an image of your materials and space if you can. Instructions on how to do so are in the sticky post at the top of the forum.

The issue isn't whether there will be too much white, it's what you ultimately want the kitchen to look like. Do you want more color? Do you want a modern look or a traditional one? Also, GWers will be able to help you more if you let us know your budget.

o
RE: Help with my backsplash

wow-haven't seen that one before...when googling that granite for images,from what is shown, I'd say pick out your slab first. It can have all kinds of shades from rose to gray/black/green/....it reads a little modern-how about the glass tiles or glass panels-light green if you get a slab with the green running through. shaker or flat panel doors style? the darker floor would work-but too dark shows a lot of stuff-you could do hard maple floor with a not so dark stain and be really beautiful. Have fun choosing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here