Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Bridge Faucets and side Spray Opinions Please

amykath
9 years ago

We are building and I am choosing all of our faucets at the moment. I love the bridge faucets, however my last one had the worst sprayer. I was going to go with a more industrial pull down, but I love the bridge faucets.

This is my inspiration kitchen. As far as layout it will be nearly the same. We have a farmhouse sink, our island will be a stained medium wood and the wall cabs will be cream.

Any suggestions or thoughts? We will also have a large butlers pantry with another large sink for pot and pan cleanup. I could use the pull down in there.

Thanks for your advice in advance!
Amy

Comments (23)

• jess1979
    9 years ago

We added a side sprayer from a different brand.

• _sophiewheeler
    9 years ago

I can't reconcile the modern exterior that you plan with the pseudo traditional look and lack of utility of a bridge faucet. That's just too much disconnect between the bones and the flesh. A Karbon and stainless farmhouse sink, sure.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly, I promise, our house is not modern by any means. Just clean lines. We will use board and batten and stone. Our front door is a 42" wide mahogany door that is traditional. We will have wooden posts and the interior will be clean and simple but not modern. I am not the modern type. In my inspiration photo you can see they are quite eclectic but use the white farmhouse sink and a bridge faucet. Our cabs will be simple but still fairly traditional. I am trying to create a timeless look. Subway tile, wood cabs and white cabs, marble etc etc.

Maybe the bridge faucet is not as functional as I would like so perhaps I will not go in that direction.

Once the house is framed and somewhat finished on the exterior (in the next month or two) I promise to post photos! Our framer is starting today. Woohoo! ;)

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is our final (for now) design. It helps to see the property as there are trees all along the front for the most part. I am not showing side or rear elevations and it is hard to see what is set back etc. I do not think it looks modern. Not to me. Do you think it does?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

What is it you disliked about the side spray?

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

I LOVE a bridge faucet. We used the Kohler Hi Rise, which I think has a more modern shape, while still being a bridge. The spray is a separate valve, and it has it's own on/off lever. It's taken some getting used to, but functions well for us.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tib, maybe I just had a lousy side spray.

Jackson, that is gorgeous!!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jess, I love your faucet!

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

I wonder about the quality of side sprayers too. I think the Kohler ones are plastic. I would assume that metal ones would be nicer.

I know that the Blanco Meridian Bridge faucet has a metal side spray.

Does Rohl have a metal side spray? Rohl makes the nicest-looking bridge faucets, imo.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

ak, I ask because sometimes the fix is easy. I have a side spray, new, works fantastically, but because it came with the plastic tube, it didn't sit well in its caddy. For $20, I got a Moen weight that goes around the tub, under the sink ,and now the spray is absolutely perfect. It's heavy, goes right back into its place, stands straight up, and it has a great spray.It's the older style where you press the back of it with the palm of your hand, rather than the newer kind where you press a circle with your thumb. I don't care for that kind and have seen them all go really bad.

• GreenDesigns
    9 years ago

The exterior does have a decided modern lean to it. The more contemporary bridge faucet posted above would meld the contemporary exterior and more traditional style of the interiors that you posted as inspiration.

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

re: but because it came with the plastic tube, it didn't sit well in its caddy

yes, this has been my experience with side sprayers. Good to know about the weight.

Oh, and you said 'industrial' so that made me think of the Jaclo bridge faucet. You wouldn't have to worry about a side sprayer.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am in love with this one.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Its a polished nickel.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Really pretty, ak.

Yes, I am very grateful for Moen's genius in coming up with that weight. I was hoping to get the nylon type of hose, did not want the stainless steel type as they are uncomfortable and noisy, but got the plastic. With the weight on it, it's more like the nylon type.

It just clips on, easy as pie. Here is a diagram, and faucet depot (has it now for $8.50!

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen spray hose weight

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Thu, Nov 20, 14 at 11:17

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

hanks Tib!

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Danze, right? I have that faucet, just not the bridge version. I like it a lot, and the side sprayer is metal, which is nice.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It is Danze. I am glad to hear you it. Do you have it in the same finish? Polished Nickel?

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

I don't unfortunately. I debated for a long time between polished nickel and chrome, and ended up with chrome (preferred the coolness of it opposed to more warmth in the polished nickel).

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

Hi aktillery, to me, the windows are what makes the exterior lean towards contemporary. I think the Kohler Hi-Rise looks great.

• fatherdowling
    9 years ago

We have that Danze Bridge faucet in chrome sitting on our dining room table waiting for the plumber to install. The sprayer is a good weight. Very solid faucet, can't wait to start using it!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We do not have those kind of windows in our home They will be white fixed large windows with a very simple wide trim. The exterior is dark but not the interior.

I will either go all out old school bridge or no bridge at all.

I appreciate all thoughts and obviously take them into consideration. Thank you for all of your ideas!!!