Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stainless double bowl sink with low divide

Posted by olivertwist (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 4:15

Elkay Aqua Divide looks perfect for my needs, but it is so expensive! Other brands of stainless undermount double bowl sinks with the LOW DIVIDE? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stainless double bowl sink with low divide

Mrdirect int

Here is a link that might be useful: low divide stainless

o

Kohler vault.

I'm not sure how much the Elkay costs so I don't know how the Kohler compares. Don't go by the prices on their website, though; those are always higher than retail for some reason.

Decide if you want the drains in the center or offset to the rear. The low divide is terrific but they don't all have drains at the rear.

I saw one on the HD website too, Vigo I think.

o

Happy with mine, also Elkay, significant discount from faucetdirect.com, $428.40

Here is a link that might be useful: Elkay ELUHAQD3218 at faucetdirect.com

o

Ticor has one too. Currently $232 from overstock. 16-gauge.

Here is a link that might be useful: ticor low divide

o

I like the Elkay and the one on Mrdirect int, I like the rounded sides in contrast to the sharp corners on the Kohler. Who actually MAKES the one on Mrdirect int? Can someone please explain to me how that sink is <$200 whereas the Elkay ones are much much more? Do the Elkay ones wash the dishes for you??

Also, I've only ever had drains in the center, what is the advantage of having them offset? Thanks.

o

The advantage of offset drains is that there is potentially more room for big items under the sink, since the pipes are further back. Also some people say that big pots in the sink don't block the drain if they're offset, but I haven't noticed much difference when I've washed dishes in sinks with centered vs offset drains. I have the Kohler and I like having the extra room underneath, but I don't think it's a make-or-break. The square angles do tend to collect gunk if you don't make a point of wiping them down. (The other reason I have that one is that it looks nice topmounted.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here