Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plugmold - size, angles, capacity questions

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 3:27

I specified plugmold for underbinet installation but have some questions to clarify before I finalize details with my electrician. Can someone tell me the actual dimensions of a hard wired plugmold? I am concerned that the space under my cabinet is not enough to actually hide it. I looked up the Legrand site and could not find the actual dimensions. Some of the older threads from 2009 mention other manufacturers - is there a preferred brand/model to consider? Does an angled installation make it more visible?

Also should I be worried about the capacity of the plugmold? If it is 15amps, am I risking it by wanted to use the blender and the coffee grinder at the same time? Any advice here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plugmold - size, angles, capacity questions

I have a 36'' long one sitting right here so I will try to help with dimensions. The front of it where the plugs are located is 1 3/16'' wide. The depth is harder to tell because it's still in the package and the back and front are separated but it is approximately 7/8'' thick. Hopefully someone with it already installed can help you with the capacity question. Mine is going on the island so I doubt I would use two things at once. BTW the one I measured is V20GB306+.

o

Here is a website showing the dimensions. I am not sure what brand we used in our kitchen. We mounted ours on an angle to make it easier to plug items into the outlets.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100657491&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=100657491&ci_kw=%7bkeyword%7d&kwd=%7bkeyword%7d&cm_mmc=shopping%2d%5f%2dgoogleads%2d%5f%2dpla%2d%5f%2d100657491&ci_gpa=pla#.ULQcq6VQWQo

Talk to your electrician on the capacity.

o

Thanks a2gemini and Corgimum.. Is there a minimum size for the under cabinet recess to keep this invisible.. Especially at an angle?

o

I put some edge trim at the base if the cabinet. It is not visible except possibly the one bridge we needed due to a cold air return.
I posted pictures recently I can post again this evening from my computer.
Visibility may vary depending on cabinet construction. What does your cabinet underside look like SIL is totally flat without a lip. Ours has a lip plus the trim.
Sent from iPhone.

o

Here are some pictures - the PM is at the back and the LED in the front - we had to move the LED back due to the trim blocking the light.

Now you see it...

Photobucket

Now you don't
Photobucket

I think the angled PM hangs down about 1.5 inch and the little black box about 2.5 inches -

If you look very closely - you can see a bit of the one we had to bridge- I might try to change downstream - but needed an outlet to meet code...
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here