Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I put copyright on Photobucket image!

Posted by rhome410 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 25, 08 at 2:37

You CAN edit your images in Photobucket to add text...
See? :-D It can be sized to your liking and whatever color and font.

I don't think I can do whole batches at a time, but I haven't looked into it too far. But now that my albums are 'private', the pictures don't link back to the rest of the photos, so I can just edit as I want to post one. Later for the FKB, or when I get around to it, I'll just make a new album set to 'public' with all the images edited properly.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I put copyright on Photobucket image!

Great rhome!

As an aside, I love your cabinets! Can you tell me more about them, manufacturer, etc?

o

I don't see the copyright!

o

Jessie21, that's something I was afraid of. I see it all the time now, but the first couple times after adding it, it wasn't showing. Weird. I'd like to know who sees it and who doesn't and if we can figure out why.

Jenswrens, thanks for the compliments on the cabinets. The manufacturer is us! ;-) I drew up the plans, DH built the boxes, we know a shop to order unfinished doors and drawer fronts (DH can do them and does an odd one here and there if we need it, but ordering them from this shop we trust is more efficient), and DH and I painted them.

o

rhome410 ~ you are brilliant!
It never occurred to me that Photobucket now supports image editing. The best part is that you can add the copyright after your photos are uploaded so your originals are intact.

I checked the photobucket forum and found there's a tutorial for making a transparent watermark.... so you can splash it across your photos to prevent others from cropping it off.

The only drawback is that they don't seem to support the actual copyright symbol . I couldn't get their text editor to accept the symbol. :-(

But this is a super-easy way to watermark those photos that are already uploaded onto Photobucket.
btw... I think that using white text makes a better transparent watermark.

Bravo rhome410!

Here is a link that might be useful: Add a transparent watermark to your images using Photobucket

o
//RE: I put copyright on Photobucket image!

Here's an old photo of my kitchen. I just added the copyright text in white and rotated it to cover the photo.

Pretty cool!

o

I also love your cabinets. Is there any trick to painting them? Did you spray them or use brush---also what type of paint did you use?
Thanks!

o

I didn't find the way to make it transparent. The above was my first try, and at a late hour. After that, I tried different fonts in different colors to try to make it less obnoxious, and tried to put it high enough that the photo wouldn't be much if someone cropped it. But transparent and over more of the photo will be much better. Thanks for investigating further, Starpooh!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Did you try both methods of getting the into photobucket?

Hold down Ctrl and Alt at the same time and press Ctrl+Alt+C

or

Hold down Alt and type 0169 on the number pad (right hand side of your keyboard) Alt+0169

o

Bumping this one, too !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here