Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blondie859111

Crystal Cabinets?

blondie859111
13 years ago

Wondering if anyone had any experience with Crystal Cabinets? I fell in love with their French villa Arched design, but have not seen much about them on the forum.

Thank you!

Comments (12)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

We had considered Crystal--really liked the look of the cabs, and they seemed well made. We weren't too impressed with the KD who'd shown them to us though (came up with a layout that was based on our kitchen being a good deal larger than it is/was, after my DH gave him the correct measurements--did not instill much confidence in his design abilities, so we didn't pursue anything with him or Crystal).

I think we'd have been happy with the cabs, if that helps.

• michellemarie
    13 years ago

I have Crystal Cabinets in my kitchen, laundry, and 2 bathrooms. I liked the finish and door styles. I have not had any problems with my cabinets, but they have only been installed for 5 months.
    One of the nice things about Crystal is that the company does manufacture different lines such as Keyline ans Quest which have some of the same features as Crystal and you may be able to save some money if you can find a door style in one of those lines.

• blondie859111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

bump

• adh673
    13 years ago

We were originally quoted Crystal by our KD. Then we saw the Shiloh finish and actually liked it better-its a lower line of the same company (still expensive in the overall realm of things). So we went with Shiloh (install Monday!) but Crystal was highly regarded by kitchen pro's we encountered. A lot of people (like high end appliance shops) knew our KD and knew Crystal and had nothing but good things to say.

• Pbnjbdesigns_gmail_com
    13 years ago

For those who are interested Shiloh is NOT part of Crystal Cabinetry. One is in Dudley, Missouri and one is in Princeton Minnesota. Crystal is a higher end furniture grade custom cabinet line with a frameless custom line known as quest. They also have two semi custom lines key line and encore that allow for the more budget conscious to able to get the look with a more competitive price. The doors and finishes from their semi custom lines marry seamlessly with the full custom. As a kitchen designer, I have yet to find something crystal can't or won't make. They are truly amazing. I also sell Shiloh. That is how I know for certain they are not the same company. They are often rep'd in the north east by the same reps as Shiloh us a good pairing to crystal as it is the next price point down from their semi custom lines. But make no mistake is like comparing a Mercedes to a bentley. Both are quality products but crystal is the special, hand made, high quality completely personalized cabinet line. Their finishes and quality are beyond compare. (we also sell the omega family of cabinets which is comparable to Shiloh.) Crystal is furniture quality cabinetry.

• chuladap
    6 years ago

I had Crystal cabinets installed in my kitchen about 2 years. Within a few months, the doors started to come apart at the corner seams. I contacted Crystal and they told me this was due to a manufacturing defect - the wrong glue was used at the seams. Crystal replaced the doors but now the drawer fronts and panels on the kitchen island are coming apart. I contacted the Crystal rep about this. He had new island panels sent to my home and is ignoring the problem with the drawers fronts. My contractor who will replace the panels has been trying to get instructions from Crystal - contractor does not know how to replace them without taking the entire island apart. The rep is no longer responding to the contractor - I suspect Crystal knows that replacing the panels is not feasible and does not want to replace the entire island. This has been going on for about 2 years now. I would not buy Crystal cabinets because of the poor responsiveness of the company when issues arise.

• Lynn Luiz
    6 years ago

We were lead to believe that our Crystal cabinets, purchased from a local Kitchen Design Center were made of painted maple. After beginning to swell causing paint to bubble and blister in numerous random places, we realized that the only actual wood used was in drawers and roll-out shelves. Unfortunately, by the time we noticed, the Kitchen Design Center had gone out of business and the Rep. from Crystal who viewed cabinets never followed-up with us. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!

• Elizabeth Winsauer
    2 years ago

Entire house has Crystal cabinets- baths, kitchen, utility rooms. They’re really well made and extremely nice.

• HU-841978026
    2 years ago

I am interested in either their Current line or Keyline line. Does anyone know how much more Keyline is, and is it worth the extra money.

• HU-841978026
    2 years ago

I would like to know the price difference also. It looks like the Current line uses particleboard in some of the construction, which I don’t care for. I see you can upgrade to plywood, but then, how much does that increase the price and then are you better off just buying the Keyline anyway?

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz